Detecting if a Console Application closes?

Gui

You have to be more specific on the Function & the UDF you're using as I know the one by Mat only! Otherwise my suggestion would be if it returns a PID to use ProcessExist().

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

With ProcessExists() though, it'd need to be within a loop. My loop is huge, so for it to check, there would be some delay between the closed GUI and the ProcessExist() executing. I'll try it though.

Anyways, using this UDF:

Sorry for not being specific.

Edited by Gui

You just rejected possibly the simplest, most reliable solution to your problem, I expect you have some esoteric reason for not wanting a parent script, yes? Care to share any other peculiar criteria for suggestions put forth?

Surely we needn't waste time fabricating ideas falling out of your seemingly unjustifiable invisible mesh of limitations.

You just rejected possibly the simplest, most reliable solution to your problem, I expect you have some esoteric reason for not wanting a parent script, yes? Care to share any other peculiar criteria for suggestions put forth?

Surely we needn't waste time fabricating ideas falling out of your seemingly unjustifiable invisible mesh of limitations.

Poetry.

Explain a parent script. If it's as it sounds, a hidden script that main get's ran off of? If not, then please enlighten me. Other than that, I'd just like something simple, like

#include <Console.au3> 

AdlibRegister("Der", 50)
__Console__CreateConsole("derp")

Cout("Derp." & @CRLF) 
While 1
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func Der()     
    $oP = WinGetProcess("derp")
    If ProcessExists($oP) = 0 Then MsgBox(0,'','User has exited.')
EndFunc

But sadly, it doesn't work.