Red line around a window

Camtasia Anyone know?

When you are in recording mode, and places to select the recording area, it is a red line around a track to show where the picture will be recording.

How detect a window with a specific size and add a red line around?

Camtasia Anyone know?

The question suggests you are offering the software :mellow:

I would start by searching the Help file for _WinAPI_WindowFromPoint() as this will get you started. Good luck.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Here an example how to mark controls:

;coded by UEZ 2011
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
Local $hGUI_Mark = GUICreate("", 0, 0, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST + $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
GUISetBkColor(0xFF0000, $hGUI_Mark)
GUISetState()
Global Const $frame_size = 3
GUISetOnEvent(-3, "_Exit")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")

While Sleep(50)
    $mpos = MouseGetPos()
    $aRet = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "WindowFromPoint", "long", $mpos[0], "long", $mpos[1])
    $aPos = WinGetPos(HWnd($aRet[0]))
    If $aRet[0] <> $hGUI_Mark And $aRet[0] <> 0  Then
        WinMove($hGUI_Mark, "", $aPos[0], $aPos[1], $aPos[2], $aPos[3])
        ToolTip("x: " &  $aPos[0] & @LF & _
                      "y: " &  $aPos[1] & @LF & _
                      "w: " &  $aPos[2] & @LF & _
                      "h: " &  $aPos[3])
        _GuiHole($hGUI_Mark, $frame_size, $frame_size, $aPos[2] - 2 * $frame_size, $aPos[3] - 2 * $frame_size, $aPos[2], $aPos[3])
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI_Mark)
        WinSetOnTop($hGUI_Mark, 0, 1)
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    GUIDelete($hGUI_Mark)
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _GuiHole($hWnd, $i_x, $i_y, $i_sizew, $i_sizeh, $width, $height)
    Local $outer_rgn, $inner_rgn, $combined_rgn
    $outer_rgn = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn(0, 0, $width, $height)
    $inner_rgn = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn($i_x, $i_y, $i_x + $i_sizew, $i_y + $i_sizeh)
    $combined_rgn = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn(0, 0, 0, 0)
    _WinAPI_CombineRgn($combined_rgn, $outer_rgn, $inner_rgn, $RGN_DIFF)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($outer_rgn)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($inner_rgn)
    _WinAPI_SetWindowRgn($hWnd, $combined_rgn)
EndFunc   ;==>_GuiHole

I don't know whether it is possible with Camtasia window - try it!

Example taken from Windows Screenshooter.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Use AU3Info (Ctrl+F6 in SciTE) or by Yashied!

Use the target icon to get more information about the control.

Windows Screenshooter can be found here:

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

http://pastebin.com/hX8ymEm8

Searching the internet, I found this script created by you.

I wonder if he still has to study and gives functionality.

Someone recommended me something to study from beginner to advanced?

The Internet is a great way to learn, but when you do not know something is complicated to learn what does not know.

For example, the issues are tangled.

How do I know studying "Opt" if I do not know what it is "opt" to search the internet for study?

Is there a tutorial that teaches beginner to advanced?

The version on pastebin.com is old (I forgot the expire function to set it to some days)! Use the version on the link I provided above.

Try or AutoIt Wiki and of course this forum with its source of knowledge.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

The "Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3" It is very practical and not theory. Where he shows an example and then immediately put some questions.

I'll take a look at the Wiki, but you have so much intelligence and ability that could launch a website tutorial level.

Still, congratulations UEZ for help.

Edited by StiveMox