_SelfDelete() - Delete the running executable.

guinness

Thanks. Please see above, I spent today learning VBScript.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I would like to say that was 'painless,' but it was an enjoyable challenge overall.

There are now two versions available, using a Batch script (.bat) or VBScript (.vbs), both do exactly the same so it's entirely up to you what you decide to choose.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I would like to say that was 'painless,' but it was an enjoyable challenge overall.

There are no two versions available, using a Batch script (.bat) or VBScript (.vbs), both do exactly the same so it's entirely up to you what you decide to choose.

I would always choose batch, since it is more likely for VBScript to be disabled for security reasons than batch files.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I would always choose batch, since it is more likely for VBScript to be disabled for security reasons than batch files.

It's what I would go for too, based on this reason alone.

UDF List:

Nearly the same way, you could write a function called _selfUpdate.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Yeh I could do that too.

UDF List:

I think you need to re-read what my function actually does and you've already posted similar code before in this thread >>

UDF List:

• 2 weeks later...

FichteFoll, I hate to say this but your code has one major flaw, you're version will only work when the file isn't compiled, which is the total opposite to what it should be doing. Secondly I can't see any real benefit in StringFormat nor using ExpandVarStrings. But thanks for contributing.

Yes, I forgot to change it back to "If @Compiled = 0 Then" because I used "1" for testing purposes. So I just changed it from "1" back to "0" and guess what, it worked.

Sorry, but that's exaclty what it is, nothing more. (I mean, the batch wasn't even suited to work with non-executables. You can just FileDelete() an .au3 file while it's being executed anyway.)

And the benefit is that I (or rather you) don't have to write ' & $sAppID & ' inbetween all the strings and can just use $sAppID$ which is actually 7 characters less (or 3 if you don't count spaces) for each variable and it makes your code clearer. I guess you don't like PHP for it's variable integration into strings as well. I can't really understand that, but okay, seems like you like a different style of coding than I do.

Side node: Your "_GetCtrlCreateGroup()" in signature links to a function named "_GUICtrlCreateGroup". A typo, I think.

Edited by FichteFoll

Sorry, but that's exaclty what it is, nothing more. (I mean, the batch wasn't even suited to work with non-executables.

Correct, I never intended it to delete the source file only when it was an executable.

We do have very different styles but I appreciation your contribution to this thread so thank you. Plus I've never used the Opt flag ExpandVarStrings so this is why it looked a little strange at first and probably to some others too.

Side node: Your "_GetCtrlCreateGroup()" in signature links to a function named "_GUICtrlCreateGroup". A typo, I think.

Thanks, updated. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• 7 months later...

Updated the function. Now the Default keyword is supported too. Please see the original post for more details.

Note: I have changed $iUsePID and $iRemoveDir to boolean values rather than the previous 0 or 1.

UDF List:

• 1 month later...

Updated the syntax for creating a temporary filename. See above for more details.

UDF List:

here's a similar way:

Func _SelfDelete($iDelay = 0)
Local $sCmdFile
FileDelete(@TempDir & "scratch.bat")
$sCmdFile = 'ping -n ' & $iDelay & '127.0.0.1 > nul' & @CRLF _
& ':loop' & @CRLF _
& 'del "' & @ScriptFullPath & '"' & @CRLF _
& 'if exist "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" goto loop' & @CRLF _
& 'del ' & @TempDir & 'scratch.bat'
FileWrite(@TempDir & "scratch.bat", $sCmdFile)
Run(@TempDir & "scratch.bat", @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc
Exit

No it's not legend. If you read the initial post you will see I linked to that code you posted as well as explained why my version is different.

UDF List:

• 4 months later...

Improved source code layout and did away with the horrendous magic numbers.

UDF List:

guinness,

Just an FYI.

I'm currently using AutoIt v3.3.8.1 and I get two errors when I try to run _SelfDelete,

-WARNING: $STR_NOCASESENSEBASIC: possibly used before declaration.

-ERROR: $STR_NOCASESENSEBASIC: undeclared global variable.

It seems that this constant is not in this AutoIt version's Constants.au3. I have added to mine, I just thought you should know.

Adam

I have fixed the issue. Thanks.

UDF List:

• 10 months later...

thank you so much, my teacher.
I am newbie so i want to write a Script:

1. When i finished play videos my Script will delete that videos. Because when we playing videos, our script can not delete them.

2. my videos has Patch: C:WindowsDirtest*.avi ~ @WindowsDir & "test*.avi

Therefore, my script is impossible:
If FileExists(@WindowsDir & "test*.avi") Then FileDelete(@WindowsDir & "test*.avi")

Can you help me, please.
thanks

1. When i finished play videos my Script will delete that videos. Because when we playing videos, our script can not delete them.

2. my videos has Patch: C:WindowsDirtest*.avi ~ @WindowsDir & "test*.avi

Your question is not really related to this topic. You should ask in General Help and Support. When you say patch, I assume you mean path. Post the code you have (which is not working) in the General Help and Support Forum and ask your question there instead.

Edited by czardas

Your question is not really related to this topic. You should ask in General Help and Support. When you say patch, I assume you mean path. Post the code you have (which is not working) in the General Help and Support Forum and ask your question there instead.

thanks my teacher. i will post a new thread at General Help and Support Forum.

Here you are, my teacher:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Thanks

• Jos locked this topic