i am here doing a simple installation of 7zip. here is my simply code:

run("E:\software\7zip.exe")
;choose Install location
winwaitactive("7-Zip 9.20 Setup")
sleep(100)
;final part finish
WinActive("7-Zip 9.20 Setup","finish")
send ("!f")

what annoys me with the code above is that on some computers it works fine but on others it doesnt even click the finish button but remains hanging. I understand using send is not stable so i have been trying control commands but somehow they are not working. here is what i did with the control commands:

run("E:\software\7zip.exe")

;choose Install location
winwaitactive("7-Zip 9.20 Setup")

ControlClick("7-Zip 9.20 Setup", "Choose Install Location", "&Install >")

sleep(100)

WinActive("7-Zip 9.20 Setup")
ControlClick("7-Zip 9.20 Setup", "Choose Install Location", "&Finish >")

The above is even worse because it doesnt work a bit. Even after revisiting the help file and trying the coordinates I seem to fail dismally as the mouse begins to click every where on my monitor. May anyone help me in doing this script with the control commands that are said to be more stable or even better. thank you.

thank you that works but since i have 15 different applications does it mean i will have to be doing this for all of them.

Well if the manufacturer has included "silent install" capability to its software, you should take advantage of it as much as you can!!

Well if the manufacturer has included "silent install" capability to its software, you should take advantage of it as much as you can!!

thank you powercat for your advice. i have google for silent installs on each application I have and surprisingly it seems to work all on a sinle line instead of a series of lines i had. yes i am happy. really appreciate your help.