Is it Possible to . .

sebgg

Hi all,

Is it possible to make a window that will ignore all user input, I have had a search and found the blockinput() fucntion but this seems to be for the whole computer not a given window.

Anything stupid im missing here?

Thanks in advance

Sebs

Edited by sebgg
GC - Program to rapidly manipulate DNA SequencesRotaMol - Program to measure Protein Size

Hi all,

Is it possible to make a window that will ignore all user input, I have had a search and found the blockinput() fucntion but this seems to be for the whole computer not a given window.

Anything stupid im missing here?

Thanks in advance

Sebs

@Sebs - Do you have an Example of the window?

@JohnOne

that looks perfect thanks

and @JoHanatCent i was thinking of a gui if it matters or if there is a different way to do it?

basically id like a gui to be over something, but if keystrokes are sent they ignore the gui and hit the next window down.

Edited by sebgg
GC - Program to rapidly manipulate DNA SequencesRotaMol - Program to measure Protein Size

Perhaps creating a transparent empty label control across the whole gui would have a desired effect.

this doesent seem to work, any keys sent to gui just do nothing if its blocked separately, and dont fall to the next window down.

potentially some kind of awkward control send would work? and just always keep the gui on top of everything.

Sebs

_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hGui, -20, BitOR(_WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hGui, -20), 0x00000020)) ; disable user intput

cheers,

this is what I ended up with as a proof of concept, incase any 1 needs in the future.

almost entirley not my work just ripped from someone else script, so thanks to them ;looks like same place you got your bit shaggi, and ty all for help

Sebs

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#Include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Include <WinAPI.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("au", 500, 540, 100, 200, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED))

GUISetBkColor(0xABCDEF) ; make gui bk color transparant

_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUI, 0xABCDEF, 150) ; set transparancy

_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hGUI, -20, BitOR(_WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hGUI, -20), 0x00000020)) ; disable user intput

GUISetStyle($WS_POPUP, -1, $hGUI) ;make gui borderless

guictrlcreatebutton(" ",200,200)

guisetstate()

sleep(10000)

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sebs

Edited by sebgg

cheers,

this is what I ended up with as a proof of concept, incase any 1 needs in the future.

almost entirley not my work just ripped from someone else script, so thanks to them ;looks like same place you got your bit shaggi, and ty all for help

Sebs

#Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#Include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Include <WinAPI.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("au", 500, 540, 100, 200, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED))

_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUI, 0xABCDEF, 150) ; set transparancy

_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hGUI, -20, BitOR(_WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hGUI, -20), 0x00000020)) ; disable user intput

guictrlcreatebutton(" ",200,200)

guisetstate()

sleep(10000)

sebs

That code snippet is actually from a diablo hack called Au.Map i wrote:

;##################################################
;~ GUI
If $Xp Then
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Au.Map", $pos[2] - 10, $pos[3] - 54, $pos[0], $pos[1], -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED))
Else
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Au.Map", $pos[2] - 10, $pos[3] - 54, $pos[0] + 2, $pos[1] + 24, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED))
Endif
_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUI, 0xABCDEF, $trans_Line) ; set transparancy
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED,"ChildSizing") ;Call sizing functions for child windows
_GDIPlus_Startup() ; initiate graphical library
So technically, i was the author :mellow: Edited by Shaggi

Ever wanted to call functions in another process? ProcessCall UDFConsole stuff: Console UDFC Preprocessor for AutoIt OMG

That code snippet is actually from a diablo hack called Au.Map i wrote:

;~ GUI
If $Xp Then
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Au.Map", $pos[2] - 10, $pos[3] - 54, $pos[0], $pos[1], -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED))
Else
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Au.Map", $pos[2] - 10, $pos[3] - 54, $pos[0] + 2, $pos[1] + 24, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED))
Endif
_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUI, 0xABCDEF, $trans_Line) ; set transparancy
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED,"ChildSizing") ;Call sizing functions for child windows
_GDIPlus_Startup() ; initiate graphical library
So technically, i was the author :mellow:

yep thats exactly where I found it, also very nice work on that!

and thanks again for all the help.

Sebs