Help with GUICtrlCreateEdit "Data"

Syed23

Hi All,

i have created a tool which will have GUICtrlCreateEdit. And i want to set the data as multiple line. So i hope i have used correct style for multiple lines. But my problem here i s couldn't break the data after writing every single line. For example, if i want to write the numbers from 1 to 50 on GUICtrlCreateEdit. The number should be set in Edit Box as one by one (like, first line should have onl the value 1 and second line should only have the value 2, and so on) i have tried some functions from Help file where i failed to find. Could someone can give some suggestions ?

Example code is here:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3> 
Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Example()

Func Example()
                Local $myedit, $msg

GUICreate("My GUI edit")  ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

$myedit =   ("" & @CRLF, 176, 32, 121, 97, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL + $ES_MULTILINE + $ES_WANTRETURN)

GUISetState()

Send("{END}")

; will be append dont' forget 3rd parameter
                For $i = 1 To 50 Step + 1
                GUICtrlSetData($myedit, $i, 0)
                Next

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
                While 1
                                $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
                WEnd
                GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

This will allow you to have the output looking the way you want it.

For $i = 1 To 50 Step +1
        GUICtrlSetData($myedit, $i & @CRLF, 0); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Change this line
    Next

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This will allow you to have the output looking the way you want it.

For $i = 1 To 50 Step +1
        GUICtrlSetData($myedit, $i & @CRLF, 0); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Change this line
    Next

:) ! Thanks a lot BrewManNH! Sure i might be an idiot. i have used this for lot of my codes but it doesn't triggered on my mind when it needed.. same on me :mellow:

Hi BrewManNH,

i am getting struck with the same function. I could understand i am doing some mistake...but i don't know where i fail. Could you help me?

Here is my code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>#include "_XMLDomWrapper.au3"
#include"Array.au3"
Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Global $file, $numberOfChannels , $Comment, $RegKey

Example() 

Func Example()
                Local $myedit, $msg

GUICreate("My GUI edit")  ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

$myedit = GUICtrlCreateEdit  ("0"&@CRLF,  176, 32, 121, 97, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL + $ES_MULTILINE + $ES_WANTRETURN)

GUISetState()

Send("{END}")

$file = _XMLFileOpen(@DesktopDir &"\sample.xml") ; Here i am opening the XML File

$numberOfChannels = _XMLGetNodeCount("/root/Application") ; I am counting the number of Application nodes
            For $s = 1 To $numberOfChannels Step +1
                $Comment = _XMLGetChildText("/root/Application[" & $s & "]/Name") ; getting the text of the node Name 
                $RegKey = _XMLGetChildText("/root/Application[" & $s & "]/Location")

If FileExists($RegKey[1]) Then
                        GUICtrlSetData($myedit, "Check Passed: " & $Comment[1] & @CRLF) ; The return value will be array so i am using $comment[1] 
                        GUICtrlSetColor($myedit, 0x008000)
                    Else
                        GUICtrlSetData($iMemo,"Check Failed: " & $Comment[1])
                        GUICtrlSetColor($iMemo, 0xFF0000)
                    EndIf
            Next

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
                While 1
                                $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
                WEnd
                GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>Example

The actual problem is in the Edit box i am getting only the last value. All the previous values are getting overwrittened. What could be the fault i am doing :mellow:

Edited by Syed23

GUICtrlSetData ( controlID, data [, default] )

Parameters

controlID The control identifier (controlID) as returned by a GUICtrlCreate... function.

data Combo, List, ListView, ListViewItem: An Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar",...) separated list of items.

Progress: The percentage.

Slider: The value.

Group, Label, Button, Checkbox, Radio, Combo, List, Input, Edit, TabItem, TreeViewItem: Replaces the text.

Date : The date or time depending the style of the control.

Dummy: The value.

default [optional] Combo, List: The default value.

Edit, Input: If non-empty (""), the string is inserted at the current insertion point (caret).

GUICtrlSetData ( $controlID, $data , 1 )

Should be.. the string is inserted at the current insertion point

8)

NEWHeader1.png

GUICtrlSetData ( controlID, data [, default] )

Parameters

controlID The control identifier (controlID) as returned by a GUICtrlCreate... function.

data Combo, List, ListView, ListViewItem: An Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar",...) separated list of items.

Progress: The percentage.

Slider: The value.

Group, Label, Button, Checkbox, Radio, Combo, List, Input, Edit, TabItem, TreeViewItem: Replaces the text.

Date : The date or time depending the style of the control.

Dummy: The value.

default [optional] Combo, List: The default value.

Edit, Input: If non-empty (""), the string is inserted at the current insertion point (caret).

GUICtrlSetData ( $controlID, $data , 1 )

Should be.. the string is inserted at the current insertion point

8)

wow... i have one basic doubt on GUI! i tried using lot of styles and Ex-styles from the Help file...but i know i am failing to pick the correct one. could you please tell me ?

What i wanted is in a GUI i wanted minimize option and maximize option but not the close(X button). How to do that? Sorry for asking such a silly question....

I dont think that style is possible. But you can use EzSkin, XSkin or create your own custom GUI without a Title Bar and create a button for minimize by placing it in the top right corner.

EzSkin is here...

8)

This is Awesome stuff... i have downloaded already :mellow:... but if we use this we may have to carry thin image where we run the exe rite? For example..whatever the tool i create i may distribute it to different region people... in this case i may need to carry this images as well rite? is there a way to create skin GUI without carrying it?

Use FileInstall()

8)

:mellow: I am sorry this is first time i am using this function...need some understanding and practice.... let me try! so for trying it but successfully failing..:) ...anyway will keep on trying :)

:mellow: I am sorry this is first time i am using this function...need some understanding and practice.... let me try! so for trying it but successfully failing..:) ...anyway will keep on trying :)

I don't think this fileinstall() helps me out... even if i compile... when i execute it as a EXE it searches for the file on the source location...

Look at this :

#include 
#include 

DirCreate("D:\temp")

FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\SaranyaMohan\Desktop\Skins\Universal\1.bmp","D:\temp\",1)

$EzGUI = EzSkinGUICreate("MyEzSkinDemo",750,550)
$EzIcon = EzSkinIcon($EzGUI)

$Button = EzSkinButton("EzSkin Button", 150, 150, 100, 30) ;, $font_color)

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\SaranyaMohan\Desktop\Skin.png[/img]
GUISetState()

While 1
    EzSkinOver()
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = $EzIcon[1] Then Exit
    If $msg = $EzIcon[2] Then GuiSetstate(@SW_MINIMIZE, $EzGUI)
    If $msg = $Button Then MsgBox(64,"EzSkin", "The Skin is operating properly... Thanks    ")

WEnd

Note:

It copies the BMP but i am getting the error message "$skin folder not found"!

Edited by Syed23