Case $Msg = $Item_Block[0 (or) 1 (or) 2]
If $Msg = $Item_Block[0] Then $Blocking[0] = 3
If $Msg = $Item_Block[1] Then $Blocking[0] = 2
If $Msg = $Item_Block[2] Then $Blocking[0] = 1
Settings()

Sure, why not? You could use something like this:

Global $Item_Block[3], $menuID

$menuID = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Name")
$Blocking[0] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem ( "Item 1", $menuID)
$Blocking[1] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem ( "Item 2", $menuID)
$Blocking[2] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem ( "Item 3", $menuID)

...combined with something like this.

Switch $Msg
    Case $Item_Block[0]
        $Blocking[0] = 3
    Case $Item_Block[1]
        $Blocking[0] = 2
    Case $Item_Block[2]
        $Blocking[0] = 1
EndSwitch
Settings()

... Might work(read) better with something like ...

(dim) Enum $_Taskmgr,_ $_Shutdown_, $_All_

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Wouldn't using a hex format on the stored variable make more sense? 0x00000000 to 0x11111111 ?? That way you could BitAND() them?

- Bit*(): All ready covered/suggested by czardas.

- Hex: Hex format is not a internal data format. Its just a different visual way of showing a number.

- 0101: Your sure you mean Hex with "0x00000000 to 0x11111111". Looks like your actually referring to binary-Bit display of a number, which is not the same as Hex-number display (0..F).

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Okay, I'm like completely stuck. I've included the entire script with this post and if you can and will, then please see if you can get the Settings() function to work. It's currently commented out. The lines that apply to the settings() function are lines: 29, 225 - 238, 272, 405 - 433, 461 and 466.

URSafe.au3

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Just out of curiosity why not pass the variable to the function e.g.

_Settings($iVariable)

I would do away with most of the Global variables and use Local scope if I could, just because it can cause problems in the long run with debugging etc. Here is a working example of what I think you're trying to achieve...

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $aControlID[2], $iMenu
    GUICreate("Example by guinness 2011", 300, 200)

$iMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Example")
    $aControlID[0] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Item 1", $iMenu)
    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DEFBUTTON)
    $aControlID[1] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Item 2", $iMenu)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

Case $aControlID[0]
                _Settings(1)

Case $aControlID[1]
                _Settings(2)

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func _Settings($iItem)
    Return ConsoleWrite("The item passed was ==> " & $iItem & @LF)
EndFunc   ;==>_Settings
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Just out of curiosity why not pass the variable to the function e.g.

_Settings($iVariable)

I would do away with most of the Global variables and use Local scope if I could, just because it can cause problems in the long run with debugging etc. Here is a working example of what I think you're trying to achieve...

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $aControlID[2], $iMenu
    GUICreate("Example by guinness 2011", 300, 200)

$iMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Example")
    $aControlID[0] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Item 1", $iMenu)
    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DEFBUTTON)
    $aControlID[1] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Item 2", $iMenu)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

Case $aControlID[0]
                _Settings(1)

Case $aControlID[1]
                _Settings(2)

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func _Settings($iItem)
    Return ConsoleWrite("The item passed was ==> " & $iItem & @LF)
EndFunc   ;==>_Settings

I think I understand. Let me try it.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

When you reply try not to click on 'Add Reply' because quotes the post from before unnecessarily.

Let me try it.

I didn't want to add it myself, because it's best if you learn via trial & error.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

\O/ Success, and it isn't as laggy in wine which is good.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11