Need to change from Window title to Application name

Greetings all

I had a nice little script that kept a web browser on top or opened it back up if it was closed. I'm having to change from using IE to using a new browser that's more locked down. The problem being that I was using WinExists and the new browser changes its title to reflect whatever page it's on. I did some looking and in Task Manager the program is simply "Web Browser".

I've done some digging and can not figure out how to use or if I can use the Application name for this. I'd be happy if I could just figure out a way to reopen the browser if it was closed - the calling it to the front I think I can do a different way.

Anyway, here's the script I was using. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

; *******************************************************
;   this creates an endless loop where if the ie window
;   is closed, it reopens back to the catalog.
;               
;--------------------------------------------------------
;
#include <IE.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)     ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase
;above changes the matching for the winactivate below to match on just part of the title of the window

dim $oldpos[2]
dim $pos[2]

HotKeySet("^!{NUMPAD5}" ,"_Exit") ; ctrl-alt-numpad 5 pressed together kills the program.
Dim $s_keys[117] = [116, _
"01","02","04","05","06","08","09","0C","0D","10", _
"11","12","13","14","1B","20","21","22","23","24", _
"25","26","27","28","29","2A","2B","2C","2D","2E", _
"30","31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39", _
"41","42","44","45","46","47","48","49","4A","4B","4C", _
"4D","4E","4F","50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58","59", _
"5A","5B","5C","60","61","62","63","64","65","66", _
"67","68","69","6A","6B","6C","6D","6E","6F","70", _
"71","72","73","74","75","76","77","78","79","7A", _
"7B","7C","7D","7E","7F","80H","81H","82H","83H","84H", _
"85H","86H","87H","90","91","A0","A1","A2","A3","A4","A5"]
$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")

$oIE  = _IECreate ("catalog.mrrl.org", 0, 1, 1)
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "addressbar", "0")
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "menubar", "0")
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "toolbar", "0")
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "theatermode", "0")

$start = TimerInit()

sleep(3000)
call("_HomeIE") 

While 1
    Sleep(100)
        For $y = 1 to $S_keys[0]
            If _IsPressed($s_keys[$y], $dll) Then
                $start = TimerInit()
            EndIf
        Next
    $oldpos[0] = $pos[0]
    $oldpos[1] = $pos[1]
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
        If WinExists("Internet Explorer") or WinExists("Security") Then
            Call("_FrontIE")
        Else 
            Call("_startIE")
        EndIf
; below is to bring up my htlm error page       
        If WinExists("cannot") Then
             call("_my404")
             Sleep(10000)
             call("_HomeIE")
         Else
         EndIf
        ; below is SECOND TRY to bring up my htlm error page
            ; 'cannot' doesn't catch 'Cannot'
        If WinExists("Cannot") Then
             call("_my404")
             Sleep(10000)
             call("_HomeIE")
         Else
        EndIf 

If Not $oldpos[1] =$pos[1] or not $oldpos[0] =$pos[0] Then
            $start = TimerInit()
        EndIf

If TimerDiff($start) > 240000 Then ;4min delay
            ;quits IE to delete history and such
            _IEQuit ($oIE)
            ;reopens IE
            Sleep(500)
            call("_HomeIE") 
            $start = TimerInit()
        Else

EndIf
WEnd    

func _startIE()
    $oIE  = _IECreate ("catalog.mrrl.org", 0, 1, 1)
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "addressbar", "0")
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "menubar", "0")
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "toolbar", "0")
        _IEPropertySet ($oIE, "theatermode", "0")
EndFunc

Func _FrontIE()
    WinActivate("Internet Explorer", "")
EndFunc

Func _HomeIE()
    _IENavigate ($oIE, "http:\\catalog.mrrl.org")
EndFunc

Func _my404()
    _IENavigate ($oIE, "C:\keepout\html\my404page.html")
EndFunc

Func _Exit()
DllClose($dll)
Exit
EndFunc

"The three rules of the Librarians of Time and Space are: 1) Silence; 2) Books must be returned no later than the date last shown; and 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality." Terry Pratchett - The Light Fantastic

What browser? Does it have a name? And you won't be able to use the current script in any incarnation due to its use of the ie.au3 includes. It'll have to be totally rewritten from the ground up.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

What browser? Does it have a name? And you won't be able to use the current script in any incarnation due to its use of the ie.au3 includes. It'll have to be totally rewritten from the ground up.

Why can't he use the IE.au3 include? My install still came with it, so I'm not sure where you're going with that line.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Why can't he use the IE.au3 include? My install still came with it, so I'm not sure where you're going with that line.

Reread his first post carefully and pay attention to this line:

I'm having to change from using IE to using a new browser that's more locked down.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Mea Culpa

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator