Regular Expressions

Hello guys!

Today I happened to download a program called RegexBuddy

This performs its function perfectly, but no such strings for AutoIt.

I ask you if you can translate this string into AutoIt.

\b[a-z]:\\                    # Drive
(?:[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]+\\)*     # Folder
[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]*            # File

\b[a-z]:\\(?:[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]+\\)*[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]*

In addition, the string "[az]", should not be corrected ... should not be: "[a-zA-Z]"? Thus, "[:alpha:]"?

I also ask if everything can be limited to a few extensions: *.png and *.jpg

PS: sorry for the previous post, was in the wrong section :mellow:

Your pattern is correct, only add uppercase drive letters and you are done:

ConsoleWrite(StringRegExp('C:\test', '\b[a-zA-Z]:\\(?:[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]+\\)*[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]*') & @CRLF)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

[a-z] will work fine as long as you add (?i) at the front of the expression. [:alpha:] by itself will fail. Classes have to be enclosed within another set of [].

[[:alpha:]] will work

An example of multiple classes.

[[:alpha:][:digit:]] is correct although it is the same as [[:alnum:]]

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

[a-z] will work fine as long as you add (?i) at the front of the expression. [:alpha:] by itself will fail. Classes have to be enclosed within another set of [].

[[:alpha:]] will work

An example of multiple classes.

[[:alpha:][:digit:]] is correct although it is the same as [[:alnum:]]

\b[[:alpha:]]:\\(?:[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]+\\)*[^\\/:*?"<>|\r\n]*

?

Thank you. Could you tell me how I can take only the *.png and *.jpg?

Where the extension should appear add this.

\.[pjng]{3}

By the way

I'm well aware that the old young SmOkey one prefers \r|\n|\r\n but I personaly just use \v+ which gets them as well

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"