Program startup on login

sebgg

Hi all,

Anyone know how to make a program startup on login, on multiple computers, without putting it in the startup folder on each computer?

Cheers,

Seb.

so to clarify I want to set this up on one computer, and all computers on the same network for it to start up when I logg in to any of them, Possible?

GC - Program to rapidly manipulate DNA SequencesRotaMol - Program to measure Protein Size

Hi sebgg,

may roads lead to where you want to go.

you could either use scheduled tasks, that execute when you login or a loginscript. If your're running in a Windows Domain environment, you can assign them over group policy (since 2008 also group policy preferences) or the active directory user object.

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

There is a better way to do that! Copy your EXE locally somewhere for better use and create a new string in (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). This will called at every login! :mellow: Hope this helped you... let me know if you have any other quest!

Like this:

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","test","REG_SZ","c:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe")
Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]