MouseMove function

Hi guys ,

as usual i need your help !!

I'm trying to automatize my test and to do this i want use MoveMouse function . ( for me this is the first time with this function )

I looked in on the net and i found this code

Const $addWidthInPixels = 0
Const $addHeightInPixels = 0

MouseMove(Int(@DesktopWidth*.5),Int(@DesktopHeight*.5),0)
MsgBox(0,"Begin Test","Press enter to begin test.")

MouseMove(Int(@DesktopWidth*.38 + $addWidthInPixels),Int(@DesktopHeight*.97 +$addHeightInPixels),20)

This code works fine the first mouse move function put the mouse cursor in the middle of my screen -> open -> a message box -> press ok -> and put the mouse on the task bar

But i don't understand these :

Int(@DesktopWidth*.5),Int(@DesktopHeight*.5) or (Int(@DesktopWidth*.38 + $addWidthInPixels),Int(@DesktopHeight*.97 +$addHeightInPixels),20)

how can i know the cordinates like .5 or .38 or .97 ? is there a tool ??

Please could you explain me this or give me a link to understand this script ??

Thanks a lot

Regards

AnyB.

• Moderators

anybastard,

Those are just simple decimal numbers which set the mouse coordinates to a certain percentage of the value. :mellow:

So Int(@DesktopWidth * .5) and Int(@DesktopHeight * .5) wil give you values equal to 50% (or half) of the desktop size. That is how the script gets the mouse to the centre of the screen.

Int(@DesktopWidth*.38 + $addWidthInPixels) will return a value equal to 38% of the width of the desktop plus whatever value you have in the $addWidthInPixels variable - currently 0. The Int function will ensure that you get an integer return as 38% of the desktop might not be an exact integer.

Similarly Int(@DesktopHeight*.97 + $addHeightInPixels) will give you a value equal to 97% of the height of the desktop plus $addHeightInPixels.

You should find the mouse moving to about 1/3 of the way across the screen from the left and very nearly at the bottom. :)

All clear? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba .

first for all thanks for your prompt

Those are just simple decimal numbers which set the mouse coordinates to a certain percentage of the value. -> Clear

So Int(@DesktopWidth * .5) and Int(@DesktopHeight * .5) wil give you values equal to 50% (or half) of the desktop size. That is how the script gets the mouse to the centre of the screen. - Clear , this mean that in any case my mouse pointer will be in middle of the screen ( screen resolution or size indipendent )

Int(@DesktopWidth*.38 + $addWidthInPixels) will return a value equal to 38% of the width of the desktop plus whatever value you have in the $addWidthInPixels variable - currently 0. The Int function will ensure that you get an integer return as 38% of the desktop might not be an exact integer. -> Clear

Similarly Int(@DesktopHeight*.97 + $addHeightInPixels) will give you a value equal to 97% of the height of the desktop plus $addHeightInPixels. -> this isn't clear , becouse this mean that if i run my script on two desktops with different resolution and / or size my mouse position is different . Am I right ?

Last question ...is there a workflow or tool to find this percentage ??

Thanks again

Regards

AnyB

• Moderators

anybastard,

Int(@DesktopWidth * .38) and Int(@DesktopHeight * .97) will put your mouse in the same relative position on any resolution screen - 38% of the way across and 97% of the way down. :mellow:

This position will be modified if you then add the 2 contants and use Int(@DesktopWidth * .38 + $addWidthInPixels) and Int(@DesktopHeight * .97 + $addHeightInPixels). But both these constants are set to 0 in the snippet you posted and so will have no effect - I have no idea why they are there, go and look at the script from which you took the snippet. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Melba ,

Now all is clear .... thanks for that

I just found a new function " MouseGetPosition" or use AutoIt windows info to find coordinates this mean that if i know screen resolution and cordinates i found the percentages . am i right?

ciaoo

AnyB

Edited by anybastard

• Moderators

anybastard,

if i know screen resolution and cordinates i found the percentages

Correct. :mellow:

M23

Spoiler