StringList functions.

Wondering if there are some users around here that have made a string-List function collection.

- StringList: Using a string instead of a array to contains some data elements(mainly text) delimited by some other character.

String(List) example with delimiter [|] "aaa|bbb|ccc"

- collection: Set of functions to do different tasks on StringList data.

And if so. Some info on them(functions(name), General ideas, etc) would be nice.

Looking for some additional/alternative ideas on the subject.

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Aha. Nice collection of RE's. Will dig around them a bit. Although I'm not sure about using RE yet. (initial RE speed bump. compared to basic string function use.)

Thanks.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

There is no need for special "StringList" functions:

Use StringSplit+ array functions and/or StringInStr('|' & $sString & '|', '|' & $sSearch & '|')

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

There is no need for special "StringList" functions:

Without some additional context to that statement, I will just reads it as "I personally don't see any need for any 'StringList' (UDF) functions"

I look at this as I look at some other personal functions I use. Like these:

Func IsFile($sFileSpec)
    If FileExists($sFileSpec) And Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sFileSpec), 'D') Then Return True
    Return False
EndFunc
Func Isfolder($sPath)
    If FileExists($sPath) And StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sPath), 'D') Then Return True
    Return False
EndFunc

They might not be needed. But they sure make for more readable code and potential less debugging needs.

Use StringSplit+ array functions and/or StringInStr('|' & $sString & '|', '|' & $sSearch & '|')

I do, for both, when appropriate and/or needed.

(+ I use them a lot(StringLists), and like to cut down on typing to.)

Knock Knock ...

Without some additional context to that statement, I will just reads it as "I personally don't see any need for any 'StringList' (UDF) functions"

Is there an other way to read that?

(+ I use them a lot(StringLists), and like to cut down on typing to.)

Then make your own functions.

These functions are too simple for me, when I need one of them I'd rather use a few seconds seconds and write them from scratch than searching minutes for the UDF in a large database.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Is there an other way to read that?

Nope. But to me that don't mean that's also what you where thinking when you wrote that.

Then make your own functions.

Yep. Already done a bunch. Was not asking for code(only) if I remember correct.

And if so. Some info on them(functions(name), General ideas, etc) would be nice.

Looking for some additional/alternative ideas on the subject.

These functions are too simple for me, when I need one of them I'd rather use a few seconds seconds and write them from scratch than searching minutes for the UDF in a large database.

To each it own. No?

Right. At least now I now know why you don't see the need for them. Clear.

Knock Knock ...

Oh yea. Almost forgot.

Topic abandoned by OP.

Knock Knock ...