#include archived files

I have a small program that I've built that I want to be able to release to users so that they can customize certain aspects of it, while not having total and complete access to the source code.

Right now the files being included are:

#include "Variable.au3"
#include "Error.au3"
#include "Command.au3"

Since this is easily visible in the top of the custom dummy file for user modification, I was wondering if AutoIT had the ability to read archived files. I used an old trick to put those three files into a .zip file, and archive them into a picture (logo.jpg) that can be placed inconspicuously within the folder.

Is there anyway to use #include / FileRead / FileOpen / FileInstall or any other command to have the dummy.au3 file read the archived .au3's within the compressed folder within the picture?

I have a small program that I've built that I want to be able to release to users so that they can customize certain aspects of it, while not having total and complete access to the source code.

Right now the files being included are:

#include "Variable.au3"
#include "Error.au3"
#include "Command.au3"

Since this is easily visible in the top of the custom dummy file for user modification, I was wondering if AutoIT had the ability to read archived files. I used an old trick to put those three files into a .zip file, and archive them into a picture (logo.jpg) that can be placed inconspicuously within the folder.

Is there anyway to use #include / FileRead / FileOpen / FileInstall or any other command to have the dummy.au3 file read the archived .au3's within the compressed folder within the picture?

what aspects do you want them to be able to customize? is it something you could do easier by using an INI file? like something=something?

another option is to use the Obfuscator included with autoit to "encrypt" so to speak the part of the code that you don't want them to be able to see or edit. then i don't think it matters what extension you give it? again, don't quote me on this part as i've never tested it :mellow:

what aspects do you want them to be able to customize? is it something you could do easier by using an INI file? like something=something?

another option is to use the Obfuscator included with autoit to "encrypt" so to speak the part of the code that you don't want them to be able to see or edit. then i don't think it matters what extension you give it? again, don't quote me on this part as i've never tested it :mellow:

I already have a user.ini that connects to a GUI via IniRead and IniWrite.

But I can't foresee every change that a user might want to make to the installation procedures, so I was wanting to have a blank file with the main parts that people might want to change. But since the blank file needs the three included .au3 files in order to compile properly, I was hoping to keep those private.

I have no idea what this Obfuscator is, details? *Googles while he waits.*

I already have a user.ini that connects to a GUI via IniRead and IniWrite.

But I can't foresee every change that a user might want to make to the installation procedures, so I was wanting to have a blank file with the main parts that people might want to change. But since the blank file needs the three included .au3 files in order to compile properly, I was hoping to keep those private.

I have no idea what this Obfuscator is, details? *Googles while he waits.*

Okay, google'd it, installed it, and while I can see uses for it, it's not quite what I was hoping for.

I'd like some method of encryption on a file that is being used in an #include.

While Obfuscator works fine for a full completed file, I still need people able to read the file they are editing that uses the (hopefully encrpyted) included files.

Hi.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do (my bad English :mellow:) but i think you can use Alternative Data Streams in windows.

Anyway check it out http://www.flexhex.com/docs/articles/alternate-streams.phtml

I think may be it'll help you.

[size="5"] [/size]

Perhaps I should try to better explain it.

I'd like to have the file that is given to people for their own modification to be fully edit-able and read-able.

I'd like the three files that it #includes to be encrypted in some manner, so that they can't be read.

So far every method of compiling, compressing, encrypting, obfuscating or anything else that I has tried has failed. Either it fails to read that the files are even there, or it misreads the data.

The best I can do is set them for Hidden/Read-Only and hope that people don't have show hidden files on their computers. I'd like a better method of securing the data if it's at all possible.

This is all very vague, hiding files in zips in pictures and so forth.

Explain exactly the nature of your script, are you giving people uncompiled or compiled code?

You say you cant forsee the changes they might want to make, but you want to keep parts secret? then give them control to everything you want them to be able to control, and not what you dont, I dont get the big problem.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.