audio output on specific device

Is it possible to use AutoIt for sending a "keepalive" audio signal to a specific playback device ? I am trying to send a very short white noise every n minutes to a wireless headset to prevent it from entering standby-mode automatically. The headset is not set as default playback device in Windows, so I cannot just playback the white noise "undirected".

So there are two things I need to accomplish for this to work:

1) make AutoIt playback a sound

2) direct this sound to a specific audio device

Any pointers ?

Is it possible to use AutoIt for sending a "keepalive" audio signal to a specific playback device ? I am trying to send a very short white noise every n minutes to a wireless headset to prevent it from entering standby-mode automatically. The headset is not set as default playback device in Windows, so I cannot just playback the white noise "undirected".

So there are two things I need to accomplish for this to work:

1) make AutoIt playback a sound

2) direct this sound to a specific audio device

Any pointers ?

You will probably have to do this through DLL calls. I don't see any native AutoIT functions for this...

EDIT:

Check This Link Out

If you can switch devices, then you should be able to play sound through Beep or SoundPlay

Edited by mv2112

There's no place like ~/

Thanks for your suggestions. However, I don't want to switch audio devices! I want to keep the default device in place and just output a short sound through the non-default device. I know that this is possible in general, I just don't know how / if this is possible in AutoIt. My workaround for now is to run an audio player hidden which supports selective output, play the sound and close it thereafter. This is everything but elegant so I hoped there would be a better solution.