pixelsearch advice please

Hi from a newcomer.

I notice that AutoHotKey has a 'fast' pixelsearch option, i.e. scans left to right, top to bottom.

Can this be implemented in AutoIt?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im not sure what your question is. autoit has a pixel search function and a hotkeyset function.

[quote]Randy:This is for what?! Arresting me for what?! I'm not allowed to stand up for myself?! I thought this was America! Huh? Isn't this America?! I'm sorry! I thought this was America![/quote]

im not sure what your question is. autoit has a pixel search function and a hotkeyset function.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm.... I thought the question was quite understandable, but put another way...

Both AutoIt and AutoHotkey have pixelsearch.

They can both scan an specified area of the screen in columns of pixels from top to bottom progressing from the left to the right.

AutoHotKey also has a 'fast' search option which scans the area in rows from left to right progressing from top to bottom. (According to AutoHotkey's help file, the 'fast' option takes fewer cpu cycles.)

Can AutoHotKey's 'fast' pixelsearch option be implemented in AutoIt somehow?

Hmmm.... I thought the question was quite understandable, but put another way...

Both AutoIt and AutoHotkey have pixelsearch.

They can both scan an specified area of the screen in columns of pixels from top to bottom progressing from the left to the right.

AutoHotKey also has a 'fast' search option which scans the area in rows from left to right progressing from top to bottom. (According to AutoHotkey's help file, the 'fast' option takes fewer cpu cycles.)

Can AutoHotKey's 'fast' pixelsearch option be implemented in AutoIt somehow?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm by far not an expert with pixelsearch, but I looked at AutoHotKey's documentation and it looks like the 'fast' option removes one level of search criteria (anything below 16bit mode) from the search to get some additional speed. I don't know if there's a head to head speed comparison ever been done to see which one scans quicker. A post I saw in this forum said that AutoIt can scan a whole screen in about 2 seconds on a fast computer. It's also possible that AutoIt already avoids scanning anything less than 16bit colors. The gurus of the group would have to tell you that one.

AutoIt has the Step option if you don't have to search every single pixel. That would speed up a search if you're pretty sure that the pixel color you're looking for isn't just one in a million (if you do Step 2, then two in a million would still get you a hit if they are side by side on a row but would possibly get missed if the pixles were on top of each other.)

Best way to enhance speed is to do the smallest area you can. Also, if you're trying to find an area and you want to get the most precise coordinates, au3info has a nice little tool that will magnify an area's pixels so you can see exactly what you're getting in an area and it shows you the mouse x,y positions. Makes it easier to identify the specific boundaries that you want to scan so you can keep it as small as possible, especially for big areas...

HTH