Intercepting a Window Message

Realm

The other day I was watching Netflix online in Full Screen Mode, after I finished watching the movie, I had noticed that an Important IM message was awaiting a response, and I never knew it because while Netflix is in Full Screen Mode, my toolbar does not popup giving me notification that my IM has a message awaiting a response. I have written a small script that closes the Full screen mode on my browser, However with much searching I can't find a way for my script to intercept the Window Message that notifies my Trillian Astra that a message is present and was hoping someone could point me to a Function or command to intercept this message.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

The only thing i can think of other than Reversing msn would be to watch if a window is opened. You could do it by updating the winlist() function, making an array of the windows you had before entering in full screen, then comparing the 2. Also to make sure that it is an msn window poping up you can check the title using wingettitle() and then searching for @hotmail.com or @live.co or w/e with stringinstr()

Hope that helps... im kinda lazy and its 4 in the morning so i wont create any code.

Goodluck :mellow:

Thanks gononono64, I'm sure there is an easier way to achieve this. There is a window message that causes the toolbar to flash orange when a new message is present, I'm looking for a way to intercept that window message. I'm not looking for code, just a pointer in the right direction for functions and commands.

If I was waiting for one particular message, your suggestion would be sufficient, however I have yahoo, msn, aol, aim, facebook, myspace, twitter all connected to Trillian Astra...with some of those formats, they have multiple emails like msn has @hotmail.com & @live.com and one other...yahoo has a couple I'm aware of...would be a lot of unnecessary code to write to look for new messages. Not to mention If I leave the a window with a message open, It would continously detect that window.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for a function or command that can intercept or detect a Window message that causes the app button in the toolbar to flash, I would appreciate it.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

hmmm,

what if you set a script similar to this:

while 1
sleep (10000)
ControlFocus ( "[CLASS:MSN]", "", "")
ControlFocus ( "[CLASS:AIM]", "", "")
ControlFocus ( "[CLASS:YIM]", "", "")
ControlFocus ( "[CLASS:etc.]", "", "")
WEnd

This would check every 10 seconds to see if you have a newly arrived message from all those clients. Then if you do, change focus to it... Of course, assuming that each IM window has it's own class.

:3

¿

Thanks for trying AutoKey, however ControlFocus does not work like that. ControlFocus sets the focus on a particular control enabling it for input.

AutoKey....WinActivate brings focus to a window(makes the window active and ready for input or reading)....not intercepts it's message.

detect a Window message that causes the app button in the toolbar to flash

Sry, I didn't think it was possible to actually grab the text, so I focused on this part instead... bringing the window into focus once you got a message D:

*shrug* maybe sum1 else knows how 2 do it then

¿

If anyone can point me in the right direction for a function or command that can intercept or detect a Window message that causes the app button in the toolbar to flash, I would appreciate it.

A few examples by Siao

HSHELL_FLASH notification

code requires updating of Picasso's DllCallBack.au3 or conversion to native DllCallback

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

I see fascists...

Thanks rover for pointing out so many references, I could not find one with my searches, However I'm not experience with hooks, but with a couple of these well defined examples, this may just get me feet wet a little in them. Thanks for referencing those examples, a couple of them look like exactly what I need for my script.