Talk to TinyChat while in a game

So I game a lot, but I'm always on TinyChat also. I dual-screen with TinyChat on my left screen while I game. I figured Auto-It could help me, so I don't have to minimize my game just to talk in TinyChat.

What I've tried:

*After typing text while in game, I hit a hotkey and the function TChat is called*

HotKeySet("`", "TChat")

while 1
sleep (1000)
wend

Func TChat()
    Send ("+{home}" & "^c")
    ControlSend ("TChat", "", "NativeWindowClass1", "^v")
    ControlSend ("TChat", "", "NativeWindowClass1", "{ENTER}")
EndFunc

----------------

So, this would work except for the fact that the "enter text" space is not selected. This means my text is being pasted nowhere. See for yourself what I mean by going to tinychat.com/autoit then testing this code.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can send text to tinychat without minimizing my game?

Edited by AutoKey

¿

See http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/controls.htm for additional info on targeting GUI items.

And use Au3info(.exe)(installed in your main AutoIt folder) to pickup additional info from the target GUI.

---

Minimize: should not be needed, unless target GUI has some odd GUI code behind it preventing direct communication with it.

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Flash box: Yep. No point in trying to get to that Edit-box directly with Gui-Ctrl functions.

Indirectly it might still be possible without going for a full general(none GUI-Ctrl use) mouse and key input simulation. (Experiment a little with whatever GUI-control you can find in that TinyChat GUI.)

But ... as I don't have any experience with GUI-Flash items. Or the TinyChat app for that matter, I think that's about it from me.

GL

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

everyone have problem that the game exit its resolution and minimise when focusing on another win if the game is set to full screen

Once i added winamp with Parent (winapi or some dll call can't really remember what i used in that moment) to it so that i can play my game while i still can change music on winamp with no resolution changing and minimising the game

so maby something like that work for you 2

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

hi,

What is the name of your game?

And i know a lot of games that have an powerfull anticheat,

This anticheat is protect games from the macros or key recorders.

The anticheat is always searching the computer , for example when you are at game , if you write autoit or macro or etc, to your internet browser, the anticheat of the game see it and warns "unwanted program runned" , i think you need <removed> or like this programs to hide your browser page (this is usually works) ,Try making an exe because when you start the editor the game may disconnect you or Try to make a for (press alt+m) and look the code of WinSetOnTop() (it will make your form always top on while you are at game or neither.)

Thanks to monoscout999.

Edited by Valik

Correct me if I'm wrong ... But are you trying to get someone else his topic closed or are you just that dumb?

e:quote removal.

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u
Removed word from the quoted text.

Knock Knock ...

i joined this forum 2 day ago, and are you crazy ? you are in a doubt with me ?

find other people. i didnt know that the gaming topics are illegal, and i have warned than i deleted my topic,

why are you talking soo much?

there is an answer that you have 1869 posts and you know a lot of thing about autoit so you feel yourself cool,

dont deal with me, after that time i dont need your comment and your advertise.

okey?

And you are corrected, Go away!

i joined this forum 2 day ago, and are you crazy ? you are in a doubt with me ?

find other people. i didnt know that the gaming topics are illegal, and i have warned than i deleted my topic,

why are you talking soo much?

there is an answer that you have 1869 posts and you know a lot of thing about autoit so you feel yourself cool,

dont deal with me, after that time i dont need your comment and your advertise.

okey?

And you are corrected, Go away!

You make a post like this again and you will be the one going away. iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u is correct since you have crossed the line (Although he deserves ripped apart for being stupid enough to quote your post). I'm not going to lock this thread as I don't feel it violates the rules. I am, however, going to edit your post to remove something that is very clearly against the rules. I strongly suggest that in the future you shut the fuck up and defer to the advice of people who have 1869 posts.

(Although he deserves ripped apart for being stupid enough to quote your post).

Blee, Hitting that report button is so boring ... well, that text thingy as it don't looks much as a button to me.

... Temporary message backup removed ...

Knock Knock ...

I've searched around and for anyone curious there is only one solution to this:

In whatever full screen application you want to keep maximized you have to change its video settings to Windowed (Maximized). Then it won't lose focus and minimize if you alt tab out of the app.

No Auto-It required :mellow:

edit: turns out members can't lock their own posts... oh do I look like a fool now D: Edited by AutoKey

¿