Finish My Script, Can't Delete LNK **FIGURED IT OUT**

Where I work, we've locked down users from installing software, we push it to them.

I have to figure a way to install AutoCAD on users computers and I am unable to with some software we purchased, I am able to create an AutoIt script to install the software

What I do is push the AutoIt to the users computer and put a link on @DesktopCommonDir which points to a folder @ProgramFilesDir & "\Installs"

The problem I am having is figuring out how to delete the shortcut after the program installs

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 0 )

$SOURCE = "\\FILE4\AUTODESK-2011\AUTOCAD2011"
RUNASWAIT1("elevateduser", "domain", "elevateduserpasswordhere", 1, $SOURCE & "\AdminImage\Setup.exe /qb /I " & $SOURCE & "\AdminImage\AutoCAD2011.ini /language en-us", "", @SW_HIDE)
While 1
    If Not ProcessExists ( "Setup.exe" ) Then
    MsgBox ( 64, "AutoCAD 2011 Install", "AutoCAD 2011 Install Complete..." )
        RunAs ("elevateduser", "domain", "elevateduserpasswordhere", 1, "C:\Program Files\AISDInstallers\DeleteAutoCAD.exe", @SW_HIDE)
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

DeleteAutoCAD.exe

AutoItSetOption ( "TrayIconHide", 1 )
Sleep ( 2000 )
FileDelete ( @DesktopCommonDir & "\AutoCAD2011Install.lnk" )

As I said, the program installs perfectly, I am just unable to figure out how to delete the link on @DesktopCommonDir

The script does not delete the shortcut

if I run DeleteAutoCAD.exe manually, it deletes the shortcut so I at least know the code is correct :mellow:

Thank you for your help

Edited by Elephant007