Create list of files

AZJIO

Create list of files (En+Ru)

Create_list_files.7z (330kb, sources + EXE, v0.5, En+Ru)

Utility designed to create a list of files specified directory. The list may be a combination of available parameters (name, path, size, hash, date, any text). The utility itself has no effect on the files, just create a list. The contents of the list defines the pattern. Combination of elements can be in any order with multiple repetitions of the same elements. Use "tab" as a separator to be able to edit the list in the table editor, such as Microsoft Excel. When sorting takes into account elements that are not in the template. Getting the hash is much slower than getting any other parameters, and directly proportional to the size of the files.

Spoiler

68ec4aa14401.png

post-56546-0-40080200-1314612269_thumb.g

Edited by AZJIO

Looks good !

sources au3 files return some errors :

C:\Create_list_files.au3(1396,28) : WARNING: $LngCopy: possibly used before declaration.

GUICtrlSetTip(-1, $LngCopy)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Create_list_files.au3(279,16) : ERROR: $LngaDisk: undeclared global variable.

'01 '&$LngaDisk,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Create_list_files.au3(756,27) : ERROR: (): undefined function.

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Create_list_files.au3 - 2 error(s), 84 warning(s)

for disable a hotkey use HotKeySet("{ESC}")

Thanks to share !

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how would i go about adding an option to cut off results beyond a certain date, or only show results within say the last 14 days only

$sText = FileRead(@ScriptDir&'List.txt')
$iPos = StringInStr($sText, '2012.06')
$sText = StringLeft($sText, $iPos - 1)
$hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & 'List.txt', 2)
FileWrite($hFile, $sText)
FileClose($hFile)

• 7 months later...

AZJIO, just downloaded and run it, works great :)

May I have a features request?

1. "Folder name" in Available items and sorting

2. Able to filter files with particular name. For example, user can input for file name filter: win|sys for searching file name that content "win" or "sys"

Thanks!

Edited by michaelslamet

Noted, thanks AZJIO!

I understand --as its name said-- it "Create list of files", but if we can have "Folder Name" on the "Avaiilable Items", it will be great. At least for what i'm trying to do :P

So the out txt file can have "Folder Name" and "Filename" seperated on by TAB (or another separetor) the same line.

What do you say?

This is what I mean, user can create a list txt file like this:

2013.06.12 17:10:14    c:windows    filename1.exe

2013.06.12 17:10:15    c:windows    filename2.exe

2013.06.12 17:10:16    c:windowssystem32    filename3.exe

Nevermind, I will use it as-it.

I imagine every developer response with "who need it the most, he is supposed to do" when a user request a feature or give an input after try the application :P

After all, this is a very helpful application and I use your _FO_FileSearch UDF a lot!

Thanks!

michaelslamet

I'm not yet ready to make complex GUI. Need a checkmark to switch to expert mode. If to encumber the main window with a heap of seldom used features, the program will not usability of, confusing. I made most consumer features.

EXCLUDE

This can be done by a regular expression

This is what I mean, user can create a list txt file like this:

2013.06.12 17:10:14    c:windows    filename1.exe

2013.06.12 17:10:15    c:windows    filename2.exe

2013.06.12 17:10:16    c:windowssystem32    filename3.exe

Ok, I understood idea.

I can add an additional flag in function, which returns with a separator, for example cwindows|filename1.exe. Currently separator removed from the results. Inside a function it accelerates work to a regular expression in 2 times.

Edited by AZJIO

Great :)

Also, when saving template, it doesn't save user's entry for "search folder", "file list" and "file types". For some users like me that processing a same folder and same (few) criterias over and over again, a option to save those settings on a template will be very great! :)

Typing each time to change those fields over and over again is pain in the as* :D

Hi Azjio,

Understand your point, but add to the content menu explorer will still leave "file list" and "file types" blank.

The only field add context will auto-fill is "Search folder".

I understand that pushing the template to save also "search folder", "file list" and "file types" wont be convinient for most users, that is why i think it will be great if user can choose want to save those 3 fields on the template or not.

Just in idea, i'm happy with the current version of this application :P I just think this application can be more powerful for some users that somehow need that features :)

• 2 years later...

Hi, Azjio, 

I got some errors when running the script:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "D:\autoit source code\Create_list_files\sources\Create_list_files.au3"    
D:\autoit source code\Create_list_files\sources\Create_list_files.au3 (624) : ==> Unterminated string.: 
$aCnt[$i][1] = StringReplace($Tmp[1], '|', '?)

can you plz help me to check why there is a ? in this line?