Second Old-School Issue

I received some help getting my environment set up in .?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent> I'm still having issues and not really sure why. I figured I'd post the whole issue and see if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Here is the batch file I am trying to emulate:

@echo off

REM See if T: is mapped to \\server\volume
If exist t:\program.exe goto starthere

REM Unmap T: and re-map to \\server\volume
%SystemRoot%\System32\net use t: /delete  > NUL
%SystemRoot%\System32\net use t: \\server\volume > NUL

:starthere

REM Map a printer to LPT2 (change as needed)  > NUL
net use lpt2 /delete  > NUL
net use lpt2: \\printserver\printer > NUL

t:
program.exe > NUL

As I posted in the the batch file requires that the folowing is set up in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config.NT:

dos=high, umb
files=125
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\emm386.exe NOEMS

(Yes this is a very old program)

I am not worrying about the printer right now, I need to make that more generic, but here's the issue I am having: The "system" needs to be at the correct drive (in this case T:) before running the program. I have tried the working directory options but so far no luck. Here is where I am:

$sShare = "\\server\share"
$sExecutable = "program.exe"

$sVolume = DriveMapAdd ("*", $sShare, 8)
If @error Then
    MsgBox (0, "Error", "Error mapping drive to " & $sShare)
Else
    MsgBox (0, "Success", "Mapped drive " & $sVolume & ": to " & $sShare)
EndIf

EnvSet ("dos", "high, umb")
EnvSet ("files", "125")
EnvSet ("device", "himem.sys")
EnvSet ("device", "emm386.exe NOEMS")
EnvUpdate()

MsgBox (0,"Debug","Executing: " & @ComSpec & " /c " & $sVolume & ":/" & $sExecutable)

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $sVolume & ":/" & $sExecutable, $sVolume & ":/",@SW_SHOW)

DriveMapDel ($sVolume)
MsgBox (0, "Removal", "Un-mapped drive " & $sVolume & ": from " & $sShare)

Exit

I believe that the executable is not running in it's own directory. When I type the "debug" line into a command prompt I get errors form the program telling me it can't find it's configuration files (not working in the right directory).

This is a long post for what is very likely a simple issue, but I wanted to give enough information so I don't have to keep coming back to the well. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Moderators

If you're sure that's the issue, then use FileChangeDir() before the Run* call, and back again to @ScriptDir if necessary after.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well that wasn't it (thank you for replying) but it did send me to find the right answer. The line:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $sVolume & ":/" & $sExecutable, $sVolume & ":/",@SW_SHOW)

is what blew me up. Apparently the volume returned by DriveMapAdd has a trailing colon so the correct line was:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $sVolume & "/" & $sExecutable, $sVolume & "/",@SW_SHOW)

... and that worked. Damned glasses!