Compiled au3 requirements?

I'm sorry if its the wrong forum I'm posting this in, but I didn't really know where to ask this, as it's kind of a tricky question. As I asume it, compiled au3-exe's are win32 native, right? My question is, what does Windows need to execute those?

The reason I'm asking is I want to launch a au3-script very early in the Windows-setup, but it's so early that even Notepad won't run yet (only basic DOS-operations). Windows is already in a GUI-mode and logged in under an account, but still has to install and register a lot. Does anyone know how to manually do the actions required to launch those native win32 executables?

I don't really expect an answer to this, but if anyone knows for some reason, please tell me. :)

Tnx in advance,

I don't know the real answer, but I think I face the same problem.

to answer your question autoIt does not need any runtime but if you want to execute something which interact with the desktop you need to wait all this stuff being completed.

THe best I found is to run a program that open a window and to synchronize with WinWait/WinWaitActive on the opening of the window and after you can excute any AutoIt functions.

Does that answer your question? :">

I'm afraid it's way more complicated than that. In fact, it hasn't have anything to do with AutoIT itself, but with executables in general.

I want to run small applications on a vanilla windows, where no extra software has been installed yet. It's capable of showing a GUI (it displays an error messagebox telling it can't launch the application). I'm talking about executing applications solely with the files Windows Setup copies over to the hard drive, from which Windows itself is installed.

It's hard to explain. :evil: Thanks for the help tho :)

I'm afraid it's way more complicated than that. In fact, it hasn't have anything to do with AutoIT itself, but with executables in general.

I want to run small applications on a vanilla windows, where no extra software has been installed yet. It's capable of showing a GUI (it displays an error messagebox telling it can't launch the application). I'm talking about executing applications solely with the files Windows Setup copies over to the hard drive, from which Windows itself is installed.

It's hard to explain. :evil: Thanks for the help tho :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you wanting to slipstream your prog into the windows install disk, and then run it during install?
[u]Do more with pre-existing apps![/u]ANYGUIv2.8

The WinPE is probably the most similar environment: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...topic=8105&st=0

I do know you can press Shift+F10 early in the Windows setup GUI screens to get a command prompt and can somtimes run "taskmgr".

You might try running AutoIt3 and/or AutoIt 2 scripts from the command prompt to see if anything happens....

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!