Flash Silent Install

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend ..

I need some more advice , i am a little stuck .. another program of mine is trying to make something that will install programs as me the admin on the users computer .. right now i am trying to figure out how to install flash player ..

i have this so far , which works , but when i had a user try it .. it ran and did everything it should have , but when i went into add/remove programs flash wasn't listed , so it didn't install .. for right now i am just trying to make a exe file that i can send the users to have them install it , at some point i would like to be able just to do a txt file with a list of computers in it ..

any advice ??

; Installing Flash Player 10 ActiveX

Local $sUserName = "username"
Local $sPassword = "password"

RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @ComSpec, @SystemDir)

FileFindFirstFile ("flashplayer10.msi")

FileCopy ("\\server\Adobe Installer\flash.exe" , "c:\")

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c msiexec /i "\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi" /qn')

MsgBox(4096, " Flash Custom Installer ", "  Flash Player Has Been Installed ")

FileDelete ("c:\flash.exe")
Edited by startrek133

I may be a little rusty on my memory of the docs but can't you use FileInstall()?

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

I tried fileinstall rcmaehl and it strange , it looks like it worked , but when you go into add / removed programs flash is not listed there .. :mellow:

FileFindFirstFile ("flashplayer10.msi")

FileInstall ("\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.exe", "c:\")

Your runas command isn't doing anything, that's why it's not working. You're running CMD with it under your credentials, not running the msi file. Then you use RunWait to run the msi file, instead of using RunAs to do it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

What I said was pretty clear, you're trying to run the msi file with the RunWait command and not with the RunAs command going by your first post. Your RunAs command is only running CMD.EXE when you execute that command line, it's not running the MSI file in the second command line's RunWait command. You have to run your msi file with the RunAs command if you want it to run under different credentials.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

ok i think i get it ..

so something like this then ..

RunAs($sUserName, "domain", $sPassword, '""msiexec /i "\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi"" /qn')

Something along the lines like this:

RunAs($sUserName,"domain",$sPassword,0, '""msiexec /i "\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi"" /qn')

I'm not sure of the placement of the quotes as I didn't actually run it, but you forgot the " ,0" in there in your string. :mellow:

Edited by BrewManNH

hhmmm well just logged into a computer as a trainee and ran the flash.exe and nothing .. got my popup box about it being installed , but it wasn't ..

i hate syntax errors, everything looks right and it runs , but doesn't work ..

FileCopy ("\\server\Adobe Installer\flash.exe" , "c:\")

RunAs($sUserName, "domain", $sPassword, 0, '"msiexec /i" [, "\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi"] /qn')

hhmmm well just logged into a computer as a trainee and ran the flash.exe and nothing .. got my popup box about it being installed , but it wasn't ..

i hate syntax errors, everything looks right and it runs , but doesn't work ..

; RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @ComSpec, @SystemDir) <<<<<<<<<< Not needed

; FileCopy ("\\server\Adobe Installer\flash.exe" , "c:\") <<<< Only needed if you're running it off of the C: drive

RunAs($sUserName, "domain", $sPassword, 0, '"msiexec /i "' &  '"\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi"]\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi"' &  "/qn") ;<<<< Try this, still not 100% sure of the quotes

EDIT: Man I hate this new board software and what it's doing to code tags. :mellow:

Edited by BrewManNH

yea tell me about it ..

well i tired all sorts of different " ' [ and stuff like that with no luck ..

any advice ??

RunAs($sUserName, "domain", $sPassword, 0, '"msiexec /i" [, "\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi"] /qn')

yea tell me about it ..

well i tired all sorts of different " ' [ and stuff like that with no luck ..

any advice ??

Well what I normally do is to get the command working from the comman prompt first.

The cut and paste the command into your scirpt so you remember how it's supposed to be. :mellow:

<code>

; msiexec /i "\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi" /qn

RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, 'msiexec /i , "\\server\Adobe\flashplayer10.msi" /qn', @TempDir)

MsgBox(4096, " Flash Custom Installer ", " Flash Player Has Been Installed ")

</code>

Good Luck

John Morrison

Edit: Forum edit messing up :)

Edited by storme

Make sure there's no comma or brackets between the msiexec /I and the file to be run.

I got it !!!!!!!

i found another post , with code i didnt think would work , but just tested on some of the user here and works great .. :mellow:

now the next trick is to see if i can get it to install using a list of computers from a txt file ??

here is the code i found ..

RunAsWait($sUserName, $snetwork, $sPassword, 4, "MSIEXEC.EXE /i flashplayer10.msi /qn","\\server\Adobe", @SW_Hide)

I got it working !!!

thanks everyone for the help ..

#include <File.au3>

Global $sUserName = "username"
Global $sPassword = "password"
Global $sNetwork = "domain"

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;uninstall current verison of flash player

RunAsWait($sUserName, $sNetwork, $sPassword, 4, "\\server\Adobe\unflash.exe -uninstall")

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;install current verison of flash player
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

RunAsWait($sUserName, $sNetwork, $sPassword, 4, "MSIEXEC.EXE /i flashplayer10.msi /qn","\\server\Adobe", @SW_Hide)
Edited by startrek133

• 1 month later...

I got it working !!!

thanks everyone for the help ..

#include <File.au3>

Global $sUserName = "username"
Global $sPassword = "password"
Global $sNetwork = "domain"

;uninstall current verison of flash player

RunAsWait($sUserName, $sNetwork, $sPassword, 4, "\\server\Adobe\unflash.exe -uninstall")

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;install current verison of flash player
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

RunAsWait($sUserName, $sNetwork, $sPassword, 4, "MSIEXEC.EXE /i flashplayer10.msi /qn","\\server\Adobe", @SW_Hide)

I have been trying to do something similar to this, and I cannot get it working. If I copy the commands out and run them in cmd prompt they woek (with out running as someone else) but I cannot get the script working. Although I am not getting a error.

<code>

; Installing Flash Player 11 ActiveX

Global $sUserName = "UserName"

Global $sPassword = "Password"

Global $sNetwork = "Domain"

;Uninstall Flash Player

RunAsWait($sUserName, $sNetwork, $sPassword, 4, '"\\arnell\software$\Adobe\Flash Player\uninstall flash\uninstall_flash_player.exe" -uninstall')

;Install Flash Player

RunAsWait($sUserName, $sNetwork, $sPassword, 4, 'MSIEXEC.EXE /i "\\arnell\software$\Adobe\Flash Player\11.0.1.152\32-bit\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi" /qn', @SW_Hide)

</code>