About MsgBox?

Why in function MsgBox (flag, "title", "text" [, timeout]) timeout> =1 seconds?

Whether it is possible to make jobs of the program was not late on a seal of the message?

The delay in job of the program is not necessary for me at delivery of the message. Has printed the message and at once performance of the following command without timeout.

Edited by zxc3

Why in function MsgBox (flag, "title", "text" [, timeout])    timeout> =1 seconds?

Whether it is possible to make, that the message was printed at least without a second delay of job of the program?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

timeout is optional, and it is the amount of time the msgbox will be displayed before it closes automatically, for example:

MsgBox(0,"test","this is a test",10)

will display the message box for 10 seconds then close without the user having to hit ok.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

@ gafrost

I knew you are sharp.... but, I didn't understand that question

glad you did

8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuse me for my English -The delay in job of the program is not necessary for me at delivery of the message.

Excuse me for my English -The delay in job of the program is not necessary for me at delivery of the message.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The MsgBox will delay the program until the window is closed. There is no way to keep running the program in the background. If you want to have a message box up while the program runs, I think you're going to need to make your own MsgBox-style GUI display.

ok, i think, i understand

the message box WILL "Stop" the program to deliver the message

others will NOT "Stop" the program to deliver the message

1 tooltip

2 trayTip

2 SplashOn

4 GuiCtrlCreateLabel

You need to read about these "4" in help

If you display your "script" here, i can read it and help you

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

The MsgBox will delay the program until the window is closed.  There is no way to keep running the program in the background.  If you want to have a message box up while the program runs, I think you're going to need to make your own MsgBox-style GUI display.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have already understood it, but how it to make?

I have already understood it, but how it to make?

Perhaps Valuater's suggestion to search for SplashTextOn() in the help file was too small for you to notice. (Valuater, can't you see that we are meant to use size 14 text in this thread?) :)

Regards,

Alex Peters

others will NOT "Stop" the program to deliver the message

1 tooltip

2 trayTip

2 SplashOn

4 GuiCtrlCreateLabel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ProgressOn() is another good one to use - it gives you a progress bar so you can show the user how far along your program is, if that is your intent.