Windows 7 Computer Management

Ghost21

OK since moving and taking the plunge over to Windows 7 things have been looking and runnign good.. until now..

I used to run this command on WindowsXP --> Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & "compmgmt.msc /computer=\\" & $device, @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

I then could right click on the computer and click on properties and look at other system properties and change the computer description.. Windows 7 has removed that....Noooooooo

Anyway I can get that ability back ??

Help..

Try this instead systempropertiescomputername.exe

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Use PSExec to run it on the target computer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553, that might be a work around for Windows 7.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I found this command line that might work for you, I haven't tried it though so YMMV.

psexec.exe \\REMOTECOMPUTER net config server /srvcomment:"DESCRIPTION"

That command is supposed to allow you to set the description remotely, It doesn't open a GUI on the target computer, it just changes the description.

for y happened, must be:

be admin on the 2 machine

in admin console

net use \\xpmachine\ipc$/user: login password

mmc compmgmt.msc /computer=xpmachine

or

RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0,@ComSpec & ' /c ' & "net use \\' & $device & '\ipc$ /user:' & $login & ' ' & $password" , @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0,@ComSpec & ' /c ' & "compmgmt.msc /computer=\\" & $device, @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

But beware, it can be a GP has changed in XP.

excuse my English, I am French

JeanPhile