from txt to tokenizer to cmd

Guest Signol01

Guest Signol01

Is it possible for AutoIt to generate a script that can open up a text file, send the file through something equivalent to the java string tokenizer (assign each group of characters a number) then enter them one at a time into a cmd program? Also, is it possible for a script to then close the document and wait until it's contents change to open back up. Also is it possible to create a script that generates it's own buttons for the GUI after it reads these groups of characters. I know this is asking for a lot and I wonder if this language is up to the task. If it isn't does anyone have any suggestions on what language to use? Thanks!-signol01

Welcome to the AutoIt forums! Please take quick note of this page for next time. :)

Is it possible for AutoIt to generate a script that can open up a text file, send the file through something equivalent to the java string tokenizer (assign each group of characters a number) then enter them one at a time into a cmd program?

You can emulate the stock behaviour of Java's StringTokenizer function (i.e. splitting on any combination of whitespace) through the use of the StringStripWS() function (to compress all whitespace into single spaces) and then StringSplit().

Also, is it possible for a script to then close the document and wait until it's contents change to open back up.

I imagine that by watching the file's last-modified timestamp (FileGetTime()) you can achieve this.

Also is it possible to create a script that generates it's own buttons for the GUI after it reads these groups of characters.

Most definitely! No reason why not as long as you have your logic of how you're going to do it organised before you start coding.

I know this is asking for a lot and I wonder if this language is up to the task. If it isn't does anyone have any suggestions on what language to use?

Having only used AutoIt v3 and read these forums for about a week, I have no doubt set in my mind that AutoIt can achieve anything one desires (of course it's necessary to have a reasonable idea of how to achieve something before coding it if you want to code it well).

All the best! :evil:

Regards,

Alex Peters

Edited by LxP