Resizing Rich Edits [Solved]

fett8802

Hello All,

I'm using a Rich Edit control for the first time as I needed the color changing ability. I also need for the control to be re-sized when the user makes that choice. I was unable to find anything in the Help file about resizing the control (besides the ResumeDraw and PauseDraw functions) and searching the forum yielded the same results. So, I thought to ask directly.

If there is no good command to do so, what method would I go about to do it? I'm happy to read up and learn myself how to do it, I just need pointed in a direction. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much!

Thanks,

Fett

Edited by fett8802
[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

Search this forum, this has been asked/answered here already.

I was unable to find anything in the Help file about resizing the control (besides the ResumeDraw and PauseDraw functions) and searching the forum yielded the same results.

I have spent over an hour searching the forum, but can not find anything specifically related. Most of the nearest matches had to do with TreeViews or ListViews or other specific functions of a Rich Edit. If you'll read my previous posts on this forum, you'll understand that I do not ask questions without searching vigorously as I understand that asking about something that has been asked before is obnoxious. Also, when I create my posts, I attempt to title them in the best way possible for future people searching the forums for help. There were absolutely zero topic titles matching anything close to "Resizing Rich Edits", and I searched inside enough other threads that were similar or even cursorily related and found nothing. I have tried to be an affective and contributing member of this forum as I've had time. I would politely ask that if you can offer no help, please do not insult me.

From anyone else, I would love to hear your ideas on this situation.

Thanks,

Fett

Edit: After another hour of searching, I finally found one bit of information in a secluded thread. I'll post this here as it solved my problem, and hopefully others searching for help on this will find this thread. Here's what I found:

The RichEdit cannot be controlled with the native GUICtrl-functions. You have to use WinSetState, WinMove etc. Sometimes, Control... works, too.

After some work arounds and using the WM_SIZE function, I used ControlMove to accomplish my goal.

Edited by fett8802
[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

• 6 years later...

fett8802, I'm grateful to you for titling your question precisely and for providing the hint that solved your problem.  I was in exactly the same situation, and your post gave me the clues that I needed.

Thanks.