Checking FIle Name and Changing It Accordingly

Omga4000

Hey all :mellow:

Alright so I have few files which looks something like this:

1) abc_123_---.txt

2) def_456_(((.txt

3) ghi_789_***.txt

What I would like to do is chceck the file name (let's take number 1 for example),

and if it consists "123", then change the file name to "x123.txt".

I know how to use FileMove to change the file name,

but how do I check if a file name consists a word / phrase?

Thank you :)

Edited by Omga4000

Thank you for the help.

I think I didn't explain myself very good. Let me try again.

I have a lot of files, and I want to go through ALL of them,

and check if ANY file consists a certain word.

Example:

I got all of this files:

1) abc_123_---.txt

2) def_456_(((.txt

3) ghi_789_***.txt

I want the program to go through ALL of them, and check if ANY file consists "456".

If so, change it to whatever I say..

Thanks again :mellow:

Then you want tolook at _FileListToArray("folder\path")

It returns an array, you should loop through it, checking the filenames with the code above.

There are many examples apart from help file of that function.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Oh very nice :mellow:

I've managed to get it working (FileToArray).

Now I can't use FileMove anymore, since it needs a full path.

For example: FileMove("C:\Omga4000.txt", "C:\Omga3000.txt")

And since I don't know which file is going to have that string in it, I can't determine the full path.

How do I use FileToArray to change the file name?

I've made it "all the way" here:

#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$path = "C:\Test"

$FileList=_FileListToArray($path)
If StringInStr($FileList,"Omga4000") Then
          ??????????????
Sleep (100)
EndIf

Thanks a lot :)

Edited by Omga4000

You already know the path to the folder you are in, as you have it in a variable

$path = "C:\Test"

Make it "C:\Test\"

And you need to loop through that array checking all the file names, but I fear you dont know what an array is, or how to use one.

Best bet is to have a little read up on loops and arrays, otherwise you will learn nothing at all.

I'll give you this basic untested example to peruse.

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$path = "C:\Test\"
$aFileList = _FileListToArray($path, "*", 1) ;No filter, return only files <- help file
_ArrayDisplay($aFileList)
;loop
For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0] ; The amount of files found <- help file
If StringInStr($aFileList[$i],"abc") Then ;Check the file we are currently looking at for the string
  ;Here you want to add your code for renaming the file
  ;I dont know what it is but you get the full path like this
  $temppath = $path & $aFileList[$i]
  ;do your busines with $temppath
EndIf
Next
Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Thank you.

I hope it's OK to bump this thread, because my problem still hasn't been solved.

I only got 1 last problem with "StringInStr".

This is what I wrote:

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$path = "P:\Test\"
$FileList = _FileListToArray($path)
$num = "11_"
Dim $part_string = ("nOkFiR, Omga1000, Omga2000, Omga3000, Omga4000")
Dim $part = StringSplit($part_string, ",")
For $i = 1 to $FileList[0]
For $b = 1 to $part[0]
  $fpath = $path & $FileList[$i]
  MsgBox(0, "FileName", $FileList[$i], 2)
  MsgBox(0, "Part", $part[$b], 2)
  If StringInStr($FileList[$i], $part[$b]) Then
   MsgBox(0, "title", "Success!!")
   Exit 0
  EndIf
Next
Next

The problem is that for some reason, $part[$b] in "StringInStr" doesn't seem to work.

If I insert it manually (For example:)

If StringInStr($FileList[$i], "Omga4000") Then
   MsgBox(0, "title", "Success!!")
   Exit 0
EndIf

It works perfectly!

What is wrong with $part[$b] in that place?

Best Regards,

Omga4000.

This worked for me >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Global $aFileList, $sFullPath, $sPath = "C:\Program Files\"
Global $aPart[6] = [5, "Desktop", "Omga1000", "Omga2000", "Omga3000", "Omga4000"] ; Create the Array manually without StringSplit()!

$aFileList = _FileListToArray($sPath, "*", 1) ; Return Files Only!
If @error Then
Exit
EndIf

For $A = 1 To $aFileList[0]
For $B = 1 To $aPart[0]
$sFullPath = $sPath & $aFileList[$A]
If StringInStr($aFileList[$A], $aPart[$B]) Then
MsgBox(64, "by guinness 2011", $sFullPath & " >> Success!")
EndIf
Next
Next

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Its posible that your code did not work as you expected because of

The spaces are part of the substring here.

Try

Dim $part_string = ("nOkFiR,Omga1000,Omga2000,Omga3000,Omga4000")

Thank you!

I will try that and let you know if it worked for me.

Can you please explain me what does some things mean in your code?

Global $aPart[6] = [5,

What does the 6 and 5 mean?

6 = number of "items"?

5 = ?

Thanks again :graduated:

Its posible that your code did not work as you expected because of

The spaces are part of the substring here. Try
Dim $part_string = ("nOkFiR,Omga1000,Omga2000,Omga3000,Omga4000")
WoW.. That actually works ;)

Thank you! Now the script is working!!

Edited by Omga4000

6 is the total number of items/rows which in this case is 5 + 1 (=6) the 5 is how many items/strings are in the actual Array. From there you can cycle through counting from 1 to $aArray[0] or 5 in this case. If you look I explained a little further on why I personally do it this way.

I have nothing against StringSplit() whatsoever because its ideal if you have a string in which you don't know the number of items, but in your case you do so the smart approach would be to create the Array manually instead of relying on a function. :graduated:

Note: JohnOne is correct about the whitespace issue!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

This is an advanced check for seeing whether variables are declared correctly, in the correct scope etc...

UDF List:

• Moderators

Omga4000,

The Au3Check parameters are explained below - you set them by adding the #AutoIt3Wrapper_au3check_parameters= directive to the top of your script.

Usage: Au3Check [-q] [-d] [-u file] [-w[-] n].. [-v[-] n].. [-I dir].. file.au3
-q : quiet (only error/warn output)
-d : as Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)
-I dir : additional directories for searching include files
-U -|file : output unreferenced UDFs and global variables
-w 1 : already included file (on)
-w 2 : missing #comments-end (on)
-w 3 : already declared var (off)
-w 4 : local var used in global scope (off)
-w 5 : local var declared but not used (off)
-w 6 : warn when using Dim (off)
-v 1 : show include paths/files (off)
-v 2 : show lexer tokens (off)

I use -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks M23. I should've posted that too. By the way -w 7 is in the new Beta that is currently available

-w 7: warn when passing Const or expression on ByRef param(s) (on)

I always use this at the top of my script(s) as it's made me understand the correct approach to structuring code.

What is not checked

--------------------------

- No checking is made for array dimensions, or indices. This can only be done runtime.

- Logical errors, illegal parameters to functions, and division on zero.

Basically runtime information:

Edited by guinness

UDF List: