AutoIt stops playing sounds

Hello! Several of my AutoIt scripts and compiled scripts apparently cease randomly to be able to play sounds (all of them at once, so maybe it is AutoIt and system related). This is fixed only after I restart the computer, but then happens again- sometimes after a few hours, other times after a few days. Is this a known behaviour of AutoIt, and if so, is there a fix to it?

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Thank you!

Edited by ineedh3lp

• 2 weeks later...

I have the latest AutoIt version, but I'm starting to doubt that AutoIt has something to do with this directly and that's because compiled scripts stop playing sounds, so it's not AutoIt running scripts anymore. Probably it's something system specific and it only happens in certain conditions. That would explain why this has not been reported before.

Compiled scripts are still ran by AutoIt, pretty much in the same fashion they are when not compiled.

EDIT:

Are you using latest release, or latest beta?

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Did you use _SoundPlay() or SoundPlay() or Beep() or the BASS UDF? It would probably be best to post the code you used to compile, because right now it's just a guessing game :graduated:

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 2 weeks later...

why don't _SoundPlay() function? you can refer the help file too...

Try this...

_SoundOpen(@ScriptDir & "\_resources\audio-Lucy22.wav", 1)

_SoundPlay($sound, 1)

_SoundClose($sound)
Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

why don't _SoundPlay() function? you can refer the help file too...

Tried that as well. Sound still doesn't play. Now, if I restart the computer, the sound will surely play, so the question is what prevents AutoIt from playing sounds after a while.

I guess it will be very hard to track down the cause since others do not experience this issue.

I see you're using wav's for the file type.

As an experiment, you might try converting them to mp3.

This will cause it to use the mp3 codec with a different encoding.

Doesn't hurt to give it a shot!

You'll have to adjust your script accordingly.

audio-Lucy22.wav --> audio-Lucy22.mp3

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

It's evident that the audio driver crashes when it's in that state. Did you try it after a fresh reboot?

It would be nice to see a sample relevant code, so I can see the calling mechanism.

ie: a select/switch statement perhaps?

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

It's just a simple audio notification at the end of the script, nothing fancy in regard to how it's called. I even tried on a fresh script, same issue.

Regarding audio driver crashes- unlikely since I'm not having any audio output issues with any other applications (audio/video players, system sounds, etc).