Windows Login

I am new to AutoIT but it seems pretty easy to understand. I have one question though, for my script to run, a user has to be logged on to the machine (if he is not already). Is there a way to execute the script in such a way that the very first task is to logon a user in Windows 7 ? Then do my tasks and then log the user off ?

If you do a google search for Auto Login you will find registry keys to automate that. Just keep in mind that the username and password are stored in CLEARTEXT and should be cleaned up after reboot.

Sysinternals has a tool that can do it securely (encrypted password) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963905

I'd recommend that unless you can't have that exe as a dependency.

Thanks for the post. But here is my problem. I dont want the user to autologon on boot. Lets say I run this script at 12am. The first thing I want to happen is the user logs on, the script runs, it does some tasks and logs off. If I keep the user logged on, there are people who start using this machine. So at all times, this machine has to be logged off/locked only until its time to execute the AutoIT script and then do the necessary steps. Does that make sense? Thanks in advance.

You could use a scheduled task, to reboot the PC at 12am if no one is logged in.

Then use the tool that spudw2k suggested to do an autologin.

Do what you need to do and logg the user off again.

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]