Saving EVERYTHING

rcmaehl

I've been experimenting with a few methods to save documents that haven't been saved upon an event, such as a shutdown. However, due to the many different save dialog names, text, etc. I haven't been successful. Does anyone know a way to globally do an automated save on all programs (and I've tried ctrl+s but not all programs have this :mellow: )

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Since I'm reasoning that no one knows the answer, I'm going to try to make a UDF for this. Something like _Save("process.exe", number for saving method, "name to save as if not already saved") and add methods for saving by process. Can I request the process names of some highly used programs and how they save (Such as notepad = notepad.exe and saves using ctrl+s or file -> save)?

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

Since I'm reasoning that no one knows the answer,

You posted only 47 minutes ago! Please don't bump your thread(s).

I can't quite understand how you're going to achieve this with a UDF, because not all 'do you want to save this' dialogue boxes have the same ControlID's (as you mentioned) one option (which isn't full proof) use handle by SysInternals & FlushFileBuffers (look in WinAPIEx.au3.) But this isn't guaranteed to achieve what you want.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Rough draft since I have no were else to save it to ATM.

;
; AutoIt Version:  3.0
; Language:   English
; Platfrom:   Win9x/NT
; Author:   Robert C. Maehl (rcmaehl@aol.com)
;
; Function:
;  Saves files using different
;  methods depending on the
;  process
;
; Parameters:
;  ("process.exe", Method, "save as name")
;  Method 0 = File
;
; Return Value:
;  Not yet decided
;
_Save("notepad.exe", 0, "test1.txt")
Func _Save($Process, $Method, $Name)
Select
  Case Not IsString($Process)
   Return 0
  Case Not IsString($Name)
   Return 0
  Case Not IsNumber($Method)
   Return 0
  Case $Method = 0
   Select
    Case $Process = "notepad.exe"
     WinMenuSelectItem(WinGetTitle("[CLASS:Notepad]"), "", "&File", "&Save")
     Sleep(2000)
     If WinExists("Save As") Then Send($Name & "{ENTER}")
    Case $Process = "scite.exe"
     ;;;
   EndSelect
EndSelect
EndFunc

My Projects

WhyNotWin11