New Scite4AutoIt3 installer

Jos

• Developers

7/06/2005: Uploaded SciTe4AutoIt3.exe which contains the below updates.

It includes the new SciTE 1.64 release (see ScintillaHistory)

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Find here the installation instructions for using AutoIT3 Production&Beta together with SciTE4AutoIT3.

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

07/06/2005
*** Updated installer with SciTE v1.64 
*** Updated installer not to prompt for the Definitions anymore. 
    It will now load the Beta definitions when the Autoit3\Beta version
    is installed, else the Latest production definition is loaded.
*** Changed Ctrl+F5 to run AU3Check with Production definitions and 
            Ctrl+Alt+F5 to run AU3Check with Beta definitions.
*** Updated CompileAU3:
    - Added commandline switch to just run AU3Check (/Au3check) and select Production (/prod) or Beta (/beta)
    - Added the possibility to specify the path to Reshacker.exe and RC.exe in CompileAU3.ini:
      [config]
      ResHackerPath=C:\Path-To-Reshacker.exe
      RCExePath=C:\Path-To-RC.exe
*** Changed default msgbox and Trace levels to 1 (Less info. ) to increase the level just copy the lines
    from au3.properties you your SciTEUser.properties and set them to the level you want.
*** Update SciLexer:
    Included fix from Scintilla CVS to solve empty autocomplete box on WinXP without SP1/2 installed.
    Fixed issue with Sendkeys in strings.
    Fixed issue with Commentblock lexing.
*** Updated AU3Check v1.43 (Tylo):
    added: Const parameters. Array initialization. Prevent redecl. of parameters.
*** Updated the abbreviations (Mhz)
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Is there a way I can set the beta def's if I overwrite the production AU3 files?

Edit: Sorry, I think I figured it out...I found the UpdateDefs script...

Edited by MSLx Fanboy

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

When I do an Alt-F5 with the new software (AutoIT+beta56+Scite) installed the script does not run. The message I get is:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\msgbox.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams   

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

>AU3Check Ended. No Error(s).

>Running: (3.1.1.56):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\msgbox.au3"   

>AutoIT3.exe ended.

>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.540

I must have installed incorrectly. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

• Developers

Thanks for your work.

FYI under the help topic Extra Utilities, the AutoIt3 Window Spy does not have any content.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That should be a relative link to the autoit.chm file which contains this info.

guess i will take out the link and just refer to the AutoIt helpfile for more info, since it can exist at different places....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

When I do an Alt-F5 with the new software (AutoIT+beta56+Scite) installed the script does not run. The message I get is:

I must have installed incorrectly. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont know what could be wrong... the posted lines look normal to me.

Isn't any script running with Alt+F5 ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

stupid Q but why a new thread ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have started a new thread everytime the installer was upgraded with a new SciTE version to keep the threads readable for everybody...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The INI file created by your "Compile with Options" script allows the outfile to be a relative path, but icon keeps changing to a full path.

Could you allow the icon path in the INI file to be relative to the au3 file?

Keep up the great work

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

The INI file created by your "Compile with Options" script allows the outfile to be a relative path, but icon keeps changing to a full path.

Could you allow the icon path in the INI file to be relative to the au3 file?

Keep up the great work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am hardly using the Compile with Options GUI anymore, always use the Compiler directives to tell the compiler what i want...

Guess you are asking to make the GUI Icon field an input field like to outfile in stead of a label .... right ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am hardly using the Compile with Options GUI anymore, always use the Compiler directives to tell the compiler what i want...

Guess you are asking to make the GUI Icon field an input field like to outfile in stead of a label .... right ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, whenever I change the INI file to make the icon data relative, the INI value changes back to a full path whenever I recompile....

I have a AU3 script with custom icon that I want to make available to my co-workers, but the location (mapped drive letter) could be different for everyone..... If the INI file didn't keep resetting the path of the icon file, everything would work fine.

Edit:Well, icon=.\myIcon.ico within the INI file works without resetting. I could have sworn I tried that earlier :) Well, without the .\ the path changes.....

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

Well, whenever I change the INI file to make the icon data relative, the INI value changes back to a full path whenever I recompile....

I have a AU3 script with custom icon that I want to make available to my co-workers, but the location (mapped drive letter) could be different for everyone.....  If the INI file didn't keep resetting the path of the icon file, everything would work fine.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This only happens when you don't have any "\" in the relative path.

If you just specify a filename CompileAU3 will first check the script directory for the ICON, then if it doesn't exists check the AutoItIcon directory and save this info in the INI.

To solve your issue, just add a backslash to the relative path, something like:

..\mydir\my.ico

Or add "#Compiler_Icon=my.ico" to the start of your script.

EDIT: Ahh... i see you found the \ solution... :)

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Isn't any script running with Alt+F5 ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, nothing appears on the screen. I also get the following error if I do a CTRL-F5:

>C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /prod /AU3Check /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\JeffTests\test of msgbox.au3"

>%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

• Developers

No, nothing appears on the screen. I also get the following error if I do a CTRL-F5:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you followed these instructions: Installation ?

What OS are you running ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Have you followed these instructions: Installation ?

What OS are you running ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had followed the instructions on the link, but I decided to uninstall everything, clean out the registry by hand, and reboot. Now all is working fine! By the way, whom do I blame for my addiction to AutoIT? I've even reformatted and printed out the entire help file in Word so I can learn everything about the program possible... Help!

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

Uploaded a new version of SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains the definitions for 3.1.1.66 BETA and some

Awesome Lua script changes

Valik wrote some LUA logic which will do the following:

- Automatically have the CallTip popup again when "," is hit when coding Functions

- Automatically have Autocomplete popup for Variables

This is really a big timesaver and really nice when coding...

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extras you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Separate files for BETA:

au3check.dat

au3.keywords.properties

Enjoy,

:whistle:

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Its funny that you make a release immediately after I discover a bug in my code. There is a bug in SciteMenuCommand that causes SciTE to throw an error (Lua, too) because files that haven't been saved to disk yet do not have a FilePath property. The fix is to replace the function with this one:

function SciteMenuCommand(n)
            -- If the file hasn't been saved to disk, FilePath isn't set so check for this
            if (props["FilePath"] ~= "") then
                scite.Open(props["FilePath"] .. "\nmenucommand:" .. n)
--~          else
--~              scite.Open("\"\"\nmenucommand:" .. n)
            end
            return false
        end -- SciteMenuCommand()

The offending code is commented out (I was experimenting with various ways to get this to work but couldn't and this was left-over test code). That is, in the code above, I've commented out the offending code, it is uncommented in the code I sent you.

The severity of this isn't much. It can only be induced by creating a new (empty) buffer and explicitly setting the language to AutoIt. This creates an unsaved file treated as an AutoIt script. Unless people do this a lot, this bug isn't that big of a deal.

Edit: Added sentence to (try to) clarify something.

Edited by Valik

• Developers

Its funny that you make a release immediately after I discover a bug in my code.  There is a bug in SciteMenuCommand that causes SciTE to throw an error (Lua, too) because files that haven't been saved to disk yet do not have a FilePath property.  The fix is to replace the function with this one:

function SciteMenuCommand(n)
            -- If the file hasn't been saved to disk, FilePath isn't set so check for this
            if (props["FilePath"] ~= "") then
                scite.Open(props["FilePath"] .. "\nmenucommand:" .. n)
--~             else
--~                 scite.Open("\"\"\nmenucommand:" .. n)
            end
            return false
        end    -- SciteMenuCommand()

The offending code is commented out (I was experimenting with various ways to get this to work but couldn't and this was left-over test code). That is, in the code above, I've commented out the offending code, it is uncommented in the code I sent you.

The severity of this isn't much.  It can only be induced by creating a new (empty) buffer and explicitly setting the language to AutoIt.  This creates an unsaved file treated as an AutoIt script.  Unless people do this a lot, this bug isn't that big of a deal.

Edit: Added sentence to (try to) clarify something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Updated the installer with this change....

:whistle:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.