_UskinLibrary.au3 (UDF) - Skin with DLL free (no ads) and fully functional!

JScript

@Belini

Ele está comentando que para fazer o download no 4shared, é nescessário fazer cadastro/login!!!

He is commenting that to download in 4shared, you need to register / login!

Uploads in mediafire.com!

Regards,

João Carlos.

Edited by JScript

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

@ Jscript I thank you for explaining, @ WhiteStar follow the link in RapidShare: https://rapidshare.com/files/678729513/skin_tool.rar

If anyone is interested, here is images of a Work In Progress using this skinning system. These skins and this system is working pretty much as I hoped it would and is a Gift for those of us who want to make a nice GUI with a nice sharp look.

EDIT: April 02,2012 Replaced link with working one.

This is still preliminary but shaping up nicely:

http://img826.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=ezaupgtabv002.jpg

WhiteStar

Edited by WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

updated

The main skin of choice for me right now is "E" but I am leaning towards TrekGrey but that's a decission for later ;-)

The Album above has 4 images using E, then I switched the themes to present the differences. Al least this is a good example of these Themes at work

E #1 Choice (current one I'm using for dev, may change to one of the others below)

Flow

Luminati

Platinum

Reflex #2 Choice

Safari

Trekgrey #3 Choice

Vertigo

Edited by WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

I noticed in the _USkinDLL function you can specify whether to save the file to disk or use it from memory, how would you go about using it from memory if you didn't want to write it to disk?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@WhiteStar

Very nice example, thanks!!!

@BrewmanNH

If you refer to file "_USkinDLL.au3," I thought implement this, but we already have a UDF that can run the DLL directly from memory, check out this link:

But if you're talking about the Skins, this for example: _OldSkool () , if the first parameter is true, saved to disk, if false, returns in binary format, in which case I do not know how the DLL could use the Skin direct from memory...

Regards,

João Carlos.

Edited by JScript

somewh10.png

So far, I am having a lot of fun experimenting with these skins but I've hit a small issue that I can't figure out. If you look through the slide show in post #64 it's really highlighted with a few of the skins.

The label text for Group Boxes (GUICtrlCreateGroup) and Check Boxes (GUICtrlCreateCheckbox) have an issue with the background colour shading.

I've tried a variety of different (GUICtrlSetBkColor) but nothing seems to fix it. Ideally, making them transparent so the skin background is shown would be perfect but I can't seem to find the trick for it.

I'm asking in this posting, because it appears to be related to the skinning process, as these artifacts do not appear without skinning.

Edited by WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Which skins are causing the issue, because I don't see it with the ones I've tried so far?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Which skins are causing the issue, because I don't see it with the ones I've tried so far?

See Post 66 for the ones I am using/testing, they all do it but Luminati, Reflex & Safari being the most obvious. Check out the slideshow in Post #64

See teh Safari screen here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/ezaupgtabv002safari.jpg/

Edited by WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

I had this issue with Windows before I reinstalled it on the computer I'm using now, it was a Windows graphics issue, and had nothing to do with the skins as far as I could see. Those skins work ok for me on this computer after the reinstall. Reinstall was because the computer had a bad hard drive and not because of anything other reason.

• 1 month later...

It's very usefull, thank you :D

But ;) I have a little trouble, i think it don't support unicode (Vietnamese)

Posted Image

I make this skin by StyleBuilder

plz help me fix that :)

sr, my bad eng

The picture you posted is blurred! If it was you who did, know that it is very similar to the Windows XP...

Regards,

João Carlos.

Edited by JScript

somewh10.png

The picture you posted is blurred! If it was you who did, know that it is very similar to the Windows XP...

Regards,

João Carlos.

No, my skin isn't similar to the WIN XP; scrollbar, checkbox is different

You can't pack the program after it's been compiled, I've had problems with it using UPX as well, just don't use a packer and you should be ok. It will be larger in size, but it's only a few MBs at most, probably more like a few KBs difference.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm having trouble compiling scripts and keeping the skin on there.

When running via Scite or just AutoIt the skin works 100%. But then if I compile I lose the skin.

I'll just post the example script, with the compiled options set to on. Because it says if your compiling due x, so I did that but still nothing. Someone wanna explain what I'm doing wrong? ;)

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
; AutoIt 3.0.103 example
; 17 Jan 2005 - CyberSlug
; This script shows manual positioning of all controls;
;   there are much better methods of positioning...
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <AVIConstants.au3>
#include <TreeViewConstants.au3>
#include ".SkinsOldSkool.au3"
;----> Only the lines to skin your program...
#include "_UskinLibrary.au3"
;--
;~ _Uskin_LoadDLL()
;~ _USkin_Init(@ScriptDir & "SkinsOldSkool.msstyles"); <-- Put here your skin...
;--
;~ If you use skin embedded...
_Uskin_LoadDLL()
_USkin_Init(_OldSkool(True))
;<----
; GUI
GuiCreate("Sample GUI", 400, 400)
GuiSetIcon(@SystemDir & "mspaint.exe", 0)

; MENU
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&One")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&Two")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("MenuTh&ree")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&Four")
; CONTEXT MENU
$contextMenu = GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu()
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("Context Menu", $contextMenu)
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("", $contextMenu) ;separator
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("&Properties", $contextMenu)
; PIC
GuiCtrlCreatePic("logo4.gif",0,0, 169,68)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample pic", 75, 1, 53, 15)
GuiCtrlSetColor(-1,0xffffff)

; AVI
GuiCtrlCreateAvi("sampleAVI.avi",0, 180, 10, 32, 32, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample avi", 170, 50)

; TAB
GuiCtrlCreateTab(240, 0, 150, 70)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("One")
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample Tab with tabItems", 250, 40)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Two")
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Three")
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("")
; COMBO
GuiCtrlCreatecombo("Sample Combo", 250, 80, 120, 100)
; PROGRESS
GuiCtrlCreateProgress(60, 80, 150, 20)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, 60)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Progress:", 5, 82)
; EDIT
GuiCtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & "  Sample Edit Control", 10, 110, 150, 70)
; LIST
GuiCtrlCreateList("", 5, 190, 100, 90)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, "a.Sample|b.List|c.Control|d.Here", "b.List")
; ICON
GuiCtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 1, 175, 120)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Icon", 180, 160, 50, 20)
; LIST VIEW
$listView = GuiCtrlCreateListView("Sample|ListView|", 110, 190, 110, 80)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("A|One", $listView)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("B|Two", $listView)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("C|Three", $listView)
; GROUP WITH RADIO BUTTONS
GuiCtrlCreateGroup("Sample Group", 230, 120)
GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Radio One", 250, 140, 80)
GuiCtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Radio Two", 250, 165, 80)
GUICtrlCreateGroup ("",-99,-99,1,1)  ;close group
; UPDOWN
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("UpDown", 350, 115)
GuiCtrlCreateInput("42", 350, 130, 40, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateUpDown(-1)
; LABEL
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Green" & @CRLF & "Label", 350, 165, 40, 40)
GuiCtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
; SLIDER
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Slider:", 235, 215)
GuiCtrlCreateSlider(270, 210, 120, 30)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, 30)
; INPUT
GuiCtrlCreateInput("Sample Input Box", 235, 255, 130, 20)
; DATE
GuiCtrlCreateDate("", 5, 280, 200, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("(Date control expands into a calendar)", 10, 305, 200, 20)
; BUTTON
GuiCtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 330, 100, 30)
; CHECKBOX
GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox("Checkbox", 130, 335, 80, 20)
; TREEVIEW ONE
$treeOne = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(210, 290, 80, 80)
$treeItem = GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $treeOne)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item1", $treeItem)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item2", $treeItem)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Foo", -1)
GuiCtrlSetState($treeItem, $GUI_EXPAND)
; TREEVIEW TWO
$treeTwo = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(295, 290, 103, 80, $TVS_CHECKBOXES)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("With", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("tvs_checkboxes", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Style", $treeTwo)

; GUI MESSAGE LOOP
GuiSetState()
While GuiGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
WEnd

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic