Active Directory Problems

scarboni

Hello there,

I just came across a problem while i was using a simple code contaning run as when im running Active directory. I cant change password on users if i write the following code. If i do a normal run as on the file i can change the password on a ad user but not when im running this code snippet.

RunAs($Username, $Domain, $Password, 0, @ComSpec & " /c " & 'dsa.msc', "", @SW_HIDE)

Help please :graduated:

Edited by scarboni

You could use my Active Directory UDF to do what you need (for download please see my signature).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You could use my Active Directory UDF to do what you need (for download please see my signature).

I read through your UDF a bit, is it able to connect to the Active Directory and search, reset passwords and manage accounts? Im working at a company as a IT dekstop engineer and i created a program named AdminIT which runs AD as the engineers admin account it works to search through the AD but i cannot reset passwords and i suppose i cant create accounts with it either.

Edited by scarboni

Connect: _AD_Open - you can specify the credentials to use

Search: Function _AD_GetObjectsInOU

Reset password: Function _AD_SetPassword

Manage accounts: Depends on what you want to do

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes. If you create your own GUI you can limit the user to the necessary functions.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The idea is to get full access to the original AD program, I sure could build my own AD GUI and create most of the functions with your UDF but it would be kinda redundant to invent the wheel once again when all i just want to do is access the program :graduated: But if it's not possible to use all the functions inside the original AD i probably will have to create my own :S

Or I could make a ugly solution where I open the Systemdir and locate dsa.msc and send shift + right mouse button and select run as, check the run as another user and enter the needed information.

This code works but its a ugly solution :S

$domain = "domain"
$username = "user"
$password = "password"
send("#r")
WinWaitActive("Run")
ControlSetText("Run", "","[CLASSNN:Edit1]","c:\windows\system32")
send("{ENTER}")
ControlFocus("system32", "", "SysListView321")
sleep(500)
Send("dsa.",1)
Send("{APPSKEY}")
Sleep(100)
send("u")
winwaitactive("Run as")
ControlCommand("", "", "Button3", "Check")
Sleep(500)
ControlSetText("Run as", "","[CLASSNN:Edit1]",""&$domain&"\"&$username)
ControlSetText("Run as", "","[CLASSNN:Edit2]",""&$password)
send("{ENTER}")

Also found out another solution which worked better.

Send("#r")
  ControlSetText("Run", "", "[CLASSNN:Edit1]", "runas /user:"&$DomainCheck&"\"&$UNCheck&' "mmc %windir%\system32\dsa.msc"')
  Send("{ENTER}")
  WinWaitActive(@WindowsDir &"\system32")
  Send($PWCheck ,1)
  Send("{ENTER}")
Edited by scarboni