Using ControlClick all the way

Iznogoud

To start with an image:

Posted Image

How can i use Controlclick to select tabs if they dont have an ID or INSTANCE?

Then second, how can i select an item in a list wich doesn't show me any info in AutoIT window info utility?

I am trying to make a script wich will execute everything in a nice order and i have to be certain that it will do the right thing. I am using now a lot of Send("!.....") commands with alot of Sleep commands, but that isn't the best way to do it.

Could someone help me with this? It has to become fool proof.

hmmmm....that is a good one, i can't get it to work for some reason, but then again, i am not that good.

Can't you select it by using the visible text part?

-edit-

For the record, this is just the screen of the properties of your LAN connection. Only this one is in the dutch language.

Edited by Iznogoud

Nobody knows a other way then using {TAB}, {DOWN}. etc. to select items instead of controlclick?

i can't get the ControlCommand working and tried everything with SysListView like this:

ControlClick("Eigenschappen van LAN-verbinding", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; TEXT:QoS-pakketplanner; INSTANCE:1]")

But my lack of knowledge is bugging me to get this issue solved, if someone could help me a hand to find the right command i can go further.

To be honest, what i want, it can not be done by command line.

I want to modify the properties of the IPv4 settings on the advanced tab, then DNS, and adjust some settings there. This all has to be done on a new created VPN connection.

In other words i am trying to auto create a VPN connection.

But then again, there are alot of places where i find the SysListView and can't click or controlclick it and i was hoping for a good solution.

I will take a look at ControlSend

Are you sure It cant be done by command line? I thought you could change those settings with the "netsh"

I would have look at the command list again for netsh.. I not sure, but find that hard to belive that only some of the network settings can be done.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738592(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_1

But then again, there are alot of places where i find the SysListView and can't click or controlclick it and i was hoping for a good solution.

I would have look at the command list again for netsh.. I not sure, but find that hard to belive that only some of the network settings can be done.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738592(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_1

This is just an example of the control item i encounter, but as you would know there are alot of places where you can't get there by using CLI or REG's

The sitting can't be done by using netsh, so the question stands:

Can i use somekind of command to select a specific line in the SysListView object?

Or someway to read the line, compare it to a specific name if next press {DOWN}, read line again, etc.

Any ideas?