How to receive emails to telling me somone has posted to a topic I began

c.haslam

... Try, 'My Settings' ...

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Thank you for replying. I did get an email telling me that you had replied, but I have not received emails for replies in the last week or two. (I am only intermittently active.)

I checked "My Settings". My email address is correct, and for Notification method to use for replies to followed topics, email is checked.

Am I correct in thinking that followed topics includes topics that I started?

Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

Only if you have set the setting to automatically follow topics that you started. (or else you have to manually set the 'follow this topic' on your topic.)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

- Page: My Settings.

- Tab: Notification Options.

- Subject: Topics & Posts. (top of notification options list.)

- Toggle: "Auto follow topics I reply to.", set to On.

+ Option: "Notification frequency", set to something other than 'None'

That should do it I think. As I did not see a option for something like 'Follow topic I create'. Thought that I had seen one, but that was this option.

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

Knock Knock ...

Thanks for the guidance. I find that I already have "Auto follow topics I reply to." set to On and the "Notification frequency" set to "Immediate". Strange.

BTW I did receive notification of your reply by email.

Edited by c.haslam
Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard