How to compile exe with big (128x128) icon?

E1M1

How to compile exe with big icon? Compiler keeps changing it's size to 32x32 px. Any workaround?

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=test.ico
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

edit: looks like i've accidently posted it to Graphical User Interface (GUI) Help and Support instead of

General Help and Support

test.ico

Edited by E1M1

edited

For me it works as usual. Just compile it with options.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

How do you verify the size of the icon?

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

If I compile code above, my exe's icon is is always 32x32. and never gets any larger. Just wondering what could cause this.

I had a similar (the same?) problem ("answer" on next page). Play around with some settings or try another editor.

How do you verify the size of the icon?

If you have Windows 7, just zoom in. The universal zooming shortcut (ctrl+mousewheel) or the slider-thingy. Edited by AdmiralAlkex

If you have Windows 7, just zoom in. The universal zooming shortcut (ctrl+mousewheel) or the slider-thingy.

It seems I have been misunderstood. I know how to do it, I just wanted to verify that it is really an icon problem and not the test method.

PS: I always use IcoFX to create my icons and the 256-png is never missing.

Edit: The attached icon is 128x128. I don't hink this is a size preferred by Windows. You should only use 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64 and 256x256 (PNG).

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes