Monitoring system's mixer equalizer

dragan

I'm always getting ret. val for this function larger than 0:

Local $lpszReturnString
$mciLevel = DllCall('winmm.dll', 'long', 'mciSendStringA', 'str', 'status mywave level', 'str', $lpszReturnString, 'long', 64, 'long', 0)
;now my $mciLevel[0] = 328, and $mciLevel[2] is blank and I cannot get any values, why is that?

P.S. I'm using windows 7 x64

P.S.S. full script is this:

Local $Form = GUICreate('Sound level', 220, 50)
Local $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel('000', 10, 10, 30)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form)
Local $lpszReturnString
Local $mciInit = DllCall('winmm.dll', 'long', 'mciSendStringA', 'str', 'open new type waveaudio alias mywave', 'str', $lpszReturnString, 'long', 64, 'long', 0)
If $mciInit[0] <> 0 Then Exit
Do
    $mciLevel = DllCall('winmm.dll', 'long', 'mciSendStringA', 'str', 'status mywave level', 'str', $lpszReturnString, 'long', 64, 'long', 0)
    If $mciLevel[0] <> 0 Then
        MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Script will now close')
        Exit
    EndIf
    GUICtrlSetData($Label1, $mciLevel[2])
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3
GUIDelete($Form)
Exit

Do you have to use that code? Theres a Bass UDF for sound and music functions that will make what your trying to do pretty easy

I have seen the bass udf, but with bass library I can monitor only channels that's been playing with bass.dll file, and I cannot monitor system's equalizer level.

(Or I missed something with the bass UDF :graduated:, plz correct me if I'm wrong with the statement above.)

I have seen the bass udf, but with bass library I can monitor only channels that's been playing with bass.dll file, and I cannot monitor system's equalizer level.

(Or I missed something with the bass UDF :graduated:, plz correct me if I'm wrong with the statement above.)

Im not sure but your probably right about the only bass channels. I ran your script and from what I can tell everything was working fine. ;) $mcilevel[2] did not come back blank for me. The number was bouncing right along with the music playing so I think Im missing something?

What is your OS? 'Cause I think it might be something wrong with the OS architecture and that function, that's why I mention that my OS is Win7 64-bit. I can't even get to $mcilevel[2] value, my script get stopped at part:

If $mciLevel[0] <> 0 Then
        MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Script will now close')
        Exit
    EndIf
and for this function to work properly this value must be 0, if I remove this check I just get $mcilevel[2] as blank/null value.

P.S. I also tried running upper function with command:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n

Im running win7 64 also. Very weird... It should be returning an error if it dosent return 0. Have you tried getting it?

From MSDN: "Returns zero if successful or an error otherwise. The low-order word of the returned DWORD value contains the error return value. If the error is device-specific, the high-order word of the return value is the driver identifier; otherwise, the high-order word is zero. For a list of possible error values, see MCIERR Return Values."

Edited by Beege

That's odd, I've used error check and I got this message:

MCI Error Number 328:No wave device is installed that can record files in the current format. To install a wave device, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardw

however I have installed driver for my integrated sound card (MSI P67-GD55 motherboard), and it's working properly, and I have nothing disabled in the device manager.

Solved...

It seems that by default, mixer is disabled and hidden from Sound recording features for my drivers. So I had to go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording, turn on Show disabled devices and enable Stereo Mix. Tnx for help :graduated: it's all working normally now.

if you right click on the volume tray icon, and go to recording devices, do any appear?

Also I never used 'mciSendStringA', but im looking at the command 'set' and it might be something you need to use??

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd798661(v=vs.85).aspx