Need help ...

Guest godded

Guest godded

Well i'm pretty new to AutoIt and iv'e been searching the forums for almost 2 hours (had plenty of time here @ work :) ) now to find the correct way to solve my problem but i seriously just didn't find what im looking for (probably used the wrong search criteria).

My job is to make the installation of AutoCAD 2004 LT silent, well the fact is the msi has switches that do work ( aclt.msi /qb ACADSERIALPREFIX=xxx ACADSERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxx) the fact is i need to automatically register the program afterwards and thats why i wanna do that with autoit.

my question now is:

Run("aclt.msi /qb ACADSERIALPREFIX=xxx ACADSERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxx") <--- i know this doen't work for plenty of reasons, but all i need is the corrrect version to do this and i'll be able to die happy.

thx in advance

I dont quite understand your question as it seems more of a statement of what you do know than what you dont.

Also I am not sure .msi's can be run natively from the Run() command. I would think it is fine, but not positive on that.

Let me know what your question is exactly, and I will see what I can do to help you.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Guest godded

ok my question is how can in i start this command

aclt.msi /qb ACADSERIALPREFIX=xxx ACADSERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxx

in AutoIt?

ok my question is how can in i start this command

aclt.msi /qb ACADSERIALPREFIX=xxx ACADSERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxx

in AutoIt?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Valuater has answered correctly. Using Run with the @ComSpec macro would probably be the easiest way to do it.

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'aclt.msi /qb ACADSERIALPREFIX=xxx ACADSERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxx', "", @SW_HIDE)

If that gives you any trouble let me know. I added the @SW_HIDE as I thought it might be useful to you.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Guest godded

*dies (happy)*

thx guys, i already figured id probably have to run it with @comspec :evil:

but i just didn't find the right way to do it :)

*dies (happy)*

thx guys, i already figured id probably have to run it with @comspec  :evil:

but i just didn't find the right way to do it  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you died happy :D.

Glad we could help.

JS :D

AutoIt Links

External Links