Compiler remembers last custom icon instead of using default

MilesAhead

I'm using 3.3.6.1 and I noticed that if I don't specify a custom icon when compiling, the compiler uses the last custom icon I compiled with. In other words, if I don't specify any icon, I do not get the AutoIt default icon. I get whatever was the last custom icon I specified. Seems to make no difference if I store settings in script or not.

I know the work-around is specify a custom icon. But it's kind of annoying if I have a quick and dirty test script and compile it, it has the same icon as the exe from my last project. I don't understand where it's pulling the information from.

I have never experienced this behaviour, nor read about it on the forum.

If you have something like

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=theicon.ico at the top of your script, then its going to use that icon.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Are you sure explorer isn't having caching issue? Maybe you only think the icon is the old one because explorer.exe is playing with you.

Btw, your sig made me LOL.

Thank you. Glad you like Groucho. :graduated:

I don't remember exactly when this started happening. I'm familiar with icon cache and Windows7 issues. This isn't it. I have added default autoit icon to my template.au3 so the work-around is there. I'm just curious why such a weird thing is happening. If I make a new blank file and put in a MsgBox hello world, save as .au3. Compile with nothing filled in. No exe name, no icon name.. it will compile with the custom icon I used last. Really strange.

Edit: you know what? I may have tried the beta for a few hours and taken it back off. I installed in a separate folder but it may be a side effect of that. If I reinstall AutoIt3 stable I wonder if it will mess up my SciTE settings?

Edited by MilesAhead

Hmmmmmmmm, that didn't work. Still got last custom icon. Really weird I must say!

I compiled another app with different custom icon. Then I made a plane MsgBox app. It used a particular custom icon, but not the last one. For some reason this particular icon gets stuck in the craw of the compiler. What can I say? It's Windows! :graduated:

Edited by MilesAhead