Print output to the command shell that sharted the script

Rexkix

I'm sure this is a really basic question, but I'm new. I'm loving this language so far.

How can I print output to the command prompt window that I start the AutiIt script in? I've tried ConsoleWrite() and even ConsoleWriteError().

Also, why do I get a prompt back before my script has finished when I type, "script.au3" at the command line prompt? Is there an implicit argument to the engine that tells it not to wait?

Thanks,

Dont know much about it, but StdinWrite() might be what you are looking for.

But I'll go out on a limb and suggest your script might need to be compiles and you probably have to pass it the process ID of your command prompt as an argument.

:graduated:

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

If I read that page right, it doesn't print to the shell that started the script, it lets an AutoIt script sends data to a process your it created. If so, it's just one more clever way to control an external component. I've barely been exposed to this product, but I'm really liking it a lot.

Edited by Rexkix

I'm sure this is a really basic question, but I'm new. I'm loving this language so far.

How can I print output to the command prompt window that I start the AutiIt script in? I've tried ConsoleWrite() and even ConsoleWriteError().

Also, why do I get a prompt back before my script has finished when I type, "script.au3" at the command line prompt? Is there an implicit argument to the engine that tells it not to wait?

Thanks,

It is a lot easier if you post your effert here.

Question: Did you try and compile your script as CUI and run the exe?

Example:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y

$sResponse = $cmdLine[1]
ConsoleWrite("You Entered: " & $sResponse & @CRLF)