Host - Client command script..

robhunter

Hi,

I am developing a script but I need help at this part... I need some "Host" part, that can run commands that "Client" sends from another machine...

For example

Machine 1 with IP (0.0.0.1) has the host.

Machine X has the client, and I want to tell to Machine 1 Script "Host" to do "Run("iexplore.exe")" so Machine 1 Script, recognizes it and executes... =/ I know it's possible because I've used some scripts that has that functions via IRC and stuff... But I don't know where to start... Any help?

Do you need only DOS commands (like run, shutdown, copy etc.)?

If yes - you can make server to receives string from client and execute is using _RunDOS.

Edited by Ramzes

Sorry for my bad English but nobody is perfect. [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ramzes[/font]

if you want to run iexplorer, you can have a "trojan", a program that you write, and that watches for a message from you, and if that message says to run iexplorer, it then would start iexplorer. Your message could also send data, ask for information, etc. A simple way would be to have a shared folder, and your "trojan" program watches there for your messages.

It's personal, I have a server runing on my parent's house, running some tasks I made with autoit (some Bots for games, and other stuff) but I live almost all the time in my own house, so I need to "connect" in some way to that scripts and run some scripts depending on what I need to use.

the easy way is to use files to exchange messages in a shared folder. The better way is to send messages to open an exception port number in the firewall, then to send messages to that port from your client, and to have on the server an application that keeps watching for messages at that port, interpret the messages, and carry out their commands. Then if you need information back on your client, you can have a more complex workflow where the client posts a request, the server application receives it, gathers the requested data, posts it at another port, and the client then retrieves the response and can process it.

I'm not really keen on the idea of you discussing how to use AutoIt to remotely execute arbitrary (AutoIt) code on a remote machine. I suggest you look at other tools to do this or just stop and think about the problem for 5 minutes because I can think of an absurdly simple way to do what you ask. Thread locked.