Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralAlkex

Even when you use the timeout parameter Ping() takes a minimum of ~500 ms on IP adresses without any device.

$iTimer = TimerInit()
For $iX = 1 To 10
    Ping("10.0.0.111", 100)
Next
ConsoleWrite(Round(TimerDiff($iTimer) / 10) & " ms average" & @LF)

471 ms average

Can anything be done to shorten this other than running multiple processes/threads?

Note that Windows own ping.exe is not any faster.

$iTimer = TimerInit()
For $iX = 1 To 10
RunWait("ping 10.0.0.111 -n 1 -w 100")
Next
ConsoleWrite(Round(TimerDiff($iTimer) / 10) & " ms average" & @LF)

454 ms average

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mmoalem
      Hi there - creating a simple script to triger cctv software to turn on when my phone is not connected to home wifi. But having issues with my phone (samsung s7) not answering ping when sleeping (despite wifi set to work when sleep) - not sure the issue... and ideas? 
      Alternatively was wondering about pinging the bluetooth address of the phone - anyway to get this working in autoit?
    • By argumentum
      The file is now at 
      I added a WOL, tidy up, and moved the file to the uploads section of the forum.
      Suggestions are always mostly welcomed  
    • By argumentum
      In the ZIP is the code and the compiled script.
      This is yet another ping the LAN utility.
      Is quite fast, as gathering the info. is forked.
      The Save Note, saves a note for the given MAC ( you may find it handy )
      The Save MACs, saves the listview to an INI file that can be later use for the WakeOnLAN
      Right click will bring a context menu to do stuff. DClick will refresh the Ping.
      That's it. Comes in handy to have in the USB toolbox  
    • By Blueman
      Hey Guys,
      Maybe you can help me with something small.
      It is not terrible but it slows down my script and after a while even crash the script.

First i explain what i have;
      I have a GUI with a lot of GUICtrlCreateInput controls, lets say 600 pieces.
      All the controls are hidden when the GUI is displayed, i have 3 buttons attached to 200 pieces each.
      When i press button-1 the first 200 controls are showed,
      When i press button-2 the first 200 controls are hidden and the next 200 controls are showed,
      etc, etc.
      This is working perfectly but after a while the GUI is getting slower and slower.
      After a while the controls aren't responding anymore and the script crashes.
      When i compile the script to 64-Bits version the speed is a lot better but you can still see the script slowing down each time i use the buttons.
      I think there has to be a buffer somewhere that is filling each time i show and hide the controls, but how can i clear that buffer without restarting the script?
      Deleting and re-creating the controls didn't help, deleting the entire gui (and controls) and re-creating it didn't help also.
      The only thing that is working is restarting the script.

Thanks guys!

PS: If you need a working example i can add it to this topic, just let me know. It is not rocket science, i just create the controls and show/hide them with a while loop and 3 buttons.

• By lenclstr746
      Hi guys,
      Some functions of my script are running slowly. Very slow. What is the reason?
      My Code:
      <snip>