How does one "collect" data inside the <tr> </tr> tags

RAMMRODD

I'm trying to gather information from a table, but **_IETableGetCollection** doesnt seem to work for me. I'm trying to get whats between tags.

<span class="sort-data hide">object</span>

I tried _stringbetween but I think the quotes messed it up. So I tried singles ( ' ) but all it would send me is "0" . Is string between what I want?

#Include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$file = FileOpen("test.txt", 0)
; Check if file opened for reading OK
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf
;~ ; Read in 1 character at a time until the EOF is reached
While 1
    $chars = FileRead($file)
$b=_stringbetween($chars,"<strong>","</strong>")
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
  _ArrayDisplay($b)

; MsgBox(0, "Char read:", _arraytostring($b,@tab,0,0))
Wend

In this example I got <strong> and </strong> to display into an array, but I couldn't seem to get just the first instance of the tag. Any help would be great.

Chad

PS the script I started from was an example from here, I just chopped it up. I dont claim this as 100% me.

In this example I got <strong> and </strong> to display into an array

If your searching for whats in between <strong> and </strong>, <strong> and </strong> should not be showing up in the array. Normally the first instance would be in $array[0], the second in $array[1] and so on. Single quotes or double quotes wouldnt matter in this case. They might if for example there was a quote in the search string like <stro'ng>, Can you post a portion of text your prasing from test.txt?

When I said

I got <strong> and </strong> to display into an array

I actually didnt mean those words (my bad) I meant that I got what was between them to display.

Example from test.txt:

<strong>Cloth</strong><br /> <a href="/wool">Wool</a> <span class="sort-data hide">1 Wool</span>

So I'd be trying to get "cloth","wool" and "1 wool" out of that clip. But when I tried doing between "<span class="sort-data hide">" and "</span>" it throws me a "0". The main idea would be to have a whole page of these and be able to group them together. This example would be to finish with "Cloth-Wool: 1 Wool" and the next one may have similar tags that need to be "deciphered".

Thanks for the quick response.

Edit After thought: would <span*> work in some way? Just eliminating the quote in quote?

Edited by RAMMRODD

All good. I was hoping that was a typo. Anytime your beginning or end search strings have a double quote in them, enclose it with single quotes. If it has a single quote in it, then enclose it with double quotes. Below works, but prasing a large page vs one string can change that so see what happens.

#include <string.au3>
#include <array.au3>
$string = '<strong>Cloth</strong><br /> <a href="/wool">Wool</a> <span class="sort-data hide">1 Wool</span>'
$wool = _StringBetween($string, '<a href="/wool">', '</a>')
_ArrayDisplay($wool)
$1wool = _StringBetween($string, '<span class="sort-data hide">', '</span>')
_ArrayDisplay($1wool)

edit: damn i cant type

Edited by Beege

Wouldn't it be possible to put these into an array? So I could get a print out of each "group", So if there were like 15 of these examples it could print

#1 "cloth","wool" and "1 wool"

#2 "cloth","satin" and "1 satin"

#3 etc

Maybe an array isn't the right term, I suck at arrays and why they'd be used. A loop of some sort maybe?

This code can be made shorter by using loops inside loops (and probably a few other tricks), but I thought it might be easier to comprehend if I left it as it is.

#include <Array.au3> ; For _ArrayDisplay

Dim $s_HTML = _
'<strong>Cloth</strong><br /> <a href="/wool">Wool</a> <span class="sort-data hide">1 Wool</span> ' & _
'<strong>Cloth</strong><br /> <a href="/satin">Satin</a> <span class="sort-data hide">1 Satin</span> ' & _
'<strong>Cloth</strong><br /> <a href="/linen">Linen</a> <span class="sort-data hide">1 Linen</span> '

Dim $aRet = StringRegExp($s_HTML, '>[^<]+</st', 3)
Dim $aArray[Ubound($aRet)][3]
For $i = 0 To Ubound($aRet) -1
    $aRet[$i] = StringTrimRight($aRet[$i], 4)
    $aArray[$i][0] = StringTrimLeft($aRet[$i], 1)
Next

$aRet = StringRegExp($s_HTML, '>[^<]+</a>', 3)
    $aArray[$i][1] = StringTrimLeft($aRet[$i], 1)
Next

$aRet = StringRegExp($s_HTML, '>[^<]+</sp', 3)
    $aArray[$i][2] = StringTrimLeft($aRet[$i], 1)
Next
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)
Edited by czardas