FormDesigner Preview 1 uploaded

hm, when do you upload the enw version? the one on the page is from december o.O... r only the readme file is veery old... ^^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your probably looking at AutoEd. (which I have not worked on since then)

Download the FormDesigner which is a separate application

Edited by lookfar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

FormDesigner looks really cool. Thanks for developing it!

A couple of requests:

1) Is it possible to make this an IDE with dockable windows, rather than floating windows? I don't know what language you have written it in, but there is a free dockable code library that I use quite often called DockPanelSuite. Take a look and see if would be useful.

2) If (1) is not possible, then could you make the title window sizable? That way some existing AutoIt code could be used to maximise the main window and forcibly dock the other windows to it.

3) Could you add a feature so that only the selected text will be copied to the clipboard once the code is generated. That way, once the user has programmed code within the 'While 1 .... Wend' code, they can select only the lines for the controls and paste it into the code, leaving the bits that they already have.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

One suggestion, I notice that you are adding the styles together. This can cause problems in complicated code. Try BitORing them together instead.

ex: GuiCreate("Button", 0, 0, 0,0 ,$WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)

change to: GuiCreate("Button", 0, 0, 0,0 , BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

FormDesigner looks really cool. Thanks for developing it!

A couple of requests:

1) Is it possible to make this an IDE with dockable windows, rather than floating windows? I don't know what language you have written it in, but there is a free dockable code library that I use quite often called DockPanelSuite. Take a look and see if would be useful.

2) If (1) is not possible, then could you make the title window sizable? That way some existing AutoIt code could be used to maximise the main window and forcibly dock the other windows to it.

3) Could you add a feature so that only the selected text will be copied to the clipboard once the code is generated. That way, once the user has programmed code within the 'While 1 .... Wend' code, they can select only the lines for the controls and paste it into the code, leaving the bits that they already have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep in mind the current version is a prototype.

1) Yes, Dock is on the list. I prefer that method also.

2) Window positions will be saved to end user preference.

3) The whole program will change but in the meantime you may select what you wish and use the context menu to copy/paste from generated code.

thank you for your kind words.

One suggestion, I notice that you are adding the styles together. This can cause problems in complicated code. Try BitORing them together instead.

ex: GuiCreate("Button", 0, 0, 0,0 ,$WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)

change to: GuiCreate("Button", 0, 0, 0,0 , BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok I will change that. I know very little about AutoIt scripting, just what I have picked up here and from the help file.

I haven't got much feedback on the generated code so thanks for that.

I will make it extensable so that templates may be used in place of hard coding.

FormDesigner looks as a real cool project and what autoit3 gui needs like with controls parametre right by ones fingertips - nice job...

I see some problems in the script model, the runtime selective process area in the script would get ruined by an intuition edit - I would suggest that this while / WEnd code only get processed as an option and all intuitions get moved to functions as window1 2 etc.

One thing that could be nice someway in future would to attach a macro language to FD and to be able to create macros to interface common actions here...

There are some special action commands and fixed functions attached to autoit3 that I would like got included like OnExitFunc, GUIResizeMode and #NoTrayIcon etc. maybe should FD start with a project init option...

Real nice application - great work

kjactive :whistle:

Edited by kjactive

Added:

ListView ( with visual columns designer and Listview Items designer)

How to....

To create a ListView:

Drop a Listview component on the form, goto Object Inspector,click "ViewStyle" and change to vsReport

click on Columns ("collection") and as a test click the "New" button highlight the newly created TListItem and in the object inspector under caption enter "Name" , repeat for "address" and "phone"

You should now have a ListView with three columns named " Name, Address, Phone".

Next click "Items" and in the Items Designer click "new Item" (enter a name) then "New sub Item" (enter street), "New SubItem" (enter phone num) you should now have under each column a name,address and phone.

repeat for more Items...

note: when adding columns you can right click to refresh objects.

btw: delphi source code is available by request for those interested in helping with this project. will compile with D6 personal (free from borland)

Edited by lookfar

Hi

First off your program Formdesigner is great (will look at AutoEd later). Now a few things I have noticed :

1.) controls/objects are not aligned relative to group box in generated code.

2.) no controls/objects show up when I load a saved form.

I have only played with Formdesigner for about an hour so both problems might just be me.

Thanks

Jim

Hi

First off your program Formdesigner is great (will look at AutoEd later). Now a few things I have noticed :

1.) controls/objects are not aligned relative to group box in generated code.

2.)  no controls/objects show up when I load a saved form.

I have only played with Formdesigner for about an hour so  both problems might just be me.

Thanks

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. this is a problem in groupbox and PageControl (tabbed page) FormDesigner is Object Oriented while AutoIt is not. FormDesigner controls inherit from parent while AutoIt controls coordinates are based off the main form...for now your on your own

2. it's a work in progress

3. Have Fun!

1. this is a problem in groupbox and PageControl (tabbed page) FormDesigner is Object Oriented while AutoIt is not. FormDesigner controls inherit from parent while AutoIt controls coordinates are based off the main form...for now your on your own

2. it's a work in progress

3. Have Fun!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will change the hard coded parameters in generated code to CONSTs and use offsets, no biggie.

Again great program.

Jim

hi lookfar,

very nice work. But just one question, when can we expect tab-creation support? I really would love that one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's done I just need to copy the procedures from the testing code over. so in the next day or so.

edit: I was wondering if anyone has tested out the ListView control with the Columns Editor and Items Editor and how you find the use of...

Edited by lookfar

hi lookfar,

very nice work. But just one question, when can we expect tab-creation support? I really would love that one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, this is done now. new version up...

keep in mind there is the known problem with child controls, so it will look ok in the designer but the generated code will have the coordinates of the TabSheet and not the main form so when AutoIt runs the resulting code it will be all over the place.

I'm working on some kind of fix for this and I'm open to ideas?

To Use: drop a TabbedPage (TpageControl) on the form, to add a new page, right click on the pagecontrol and choose "New Page" , to remove a page right click on the TabSheet and "Delete" .

note: the position of your cursor is sensitive to the actual PageControl, you can only add a page when your cursor is on the PageControl (Not the TabSheet or any other control)

If it's not you won't even see the option in the context menu (this is by design)

Edited by lookfar

FormDesigner is a real nice wizard but probably needs a lot of updates so I included this utility into my Update Manager 'Au3Update' as an menu option to keep track on easy updates - there is currently no revision/update notes to relate to the updater to check, no notification - just update and install...

Other third party utilities not included in the native install process can get included as well - just drop me a line...

Download at site:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...e/Au3Update.exe

kjactive :whistle:

Edited by kjactive

I'm interested to know how you do that ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Somthing like the following

; Script generated by FormDesigner Preview 1 (very alpha state, use at your own risk)

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

If Not IsDeclared('WS_CLIPSIBLINGS') Then Global $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS = 0x04000000

GuiCreate("Form1", 420, 331, 302,218 ,BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

;offsets for all controls in this groupbox

CONST $FORM1_GROUPBOX1_LEFT=144

CONST $FORM1_GROUPBOX1_TOP=40

$GroupBox1 = GuiCtrlCreateGroup("GroupBox1", 144, 40, 177, 177)

$Edit1 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Edit1",$FORM1_GROUPBOX1_LEFT+ 64,$FORM1_GROUPBOX1_TOP+80, 97, 21)

$Button1 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Button1",$FORM1_GROUPBOX1_LEFT+ 32,$FORM1_GROUPBOX1_TOP+ 120, 57, 25)

GuiSetState()

While 1

$msg = GuiGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

Case Else

;;;

EndSelect

WEnd

Exit

Hi,

Glad you can use it, I am sure u noticed i just grab form name, control name (etc) to make a unque CONST label.

Oh, I am still unable to load a saved Form, is it a problem on my end?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I uploaded new version which uses your solution, however instead of creating a const and more variables, I simply add up the numbers to arrive at the same thing.

since I already know what the top and left of the groupbox is at designtime I just grab the controls top and left and add them up. ..seems to work just fine.

again thanks for that.

The loading isn't working yet as I am getting rid of that whole thing and doing a re-write.

btw: I tried applying the same solution to the controls top and left to controls in a TabSheet but it does not seem to react in the same way as a groupbox.

Do you have any ideas on that?