FormDesigner Preview 1 uploaded

Great work on this, but here are a few bugs to report..

1) When saving the forms, the *.xml extension does not get added to the filename when saving.

2) When clicking on the "save" button for the first time rather than using "File|Save", No Popup dialog appears asking for a new filename to given for the form. I kinda lost 2 hours work because of this, but hey I understand this version is still in Alpha so the egg is on my face for this one!

;)

3) "Green" Start button still does now work, similar to using F5 in Scite to run your compiled code

That is all thus far

Cheers

PS: Can't this topic be a Sticky, as it is getting used and replied to all the time?

I have only saved one file but have had no problem with it ...so far. The xml extension is added and file loads ok, U did grab version 1.2?

later

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, am using version 1.2

Ok, will have another look

One other thing I noticed, when copy the script to Scite and running, when a font is specified, it does not have any quotation marks, I have had to add those manually...Can someone check if they get the same bug?

Cheers

Both projects look really really good. ;)

Some suggestions for AutoEd before I fall asleep:

- I'd really like to drag a file from my desktop into the AutoEd window and have the file open....

- I'd really love the "Search text" dialog to be dockable! Not even SciTE or TextPad have that feature....

Keep up the great work!

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Yep, am using version 1.2

Ok, will have another look

One other thing I noticed, when copy the script to Scite and running, when a font is specified, it does not have any quotation marks, I have had to add those manually...Can someone check if they get the same bug?

Cheers

I have the no quotes font bug too.

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Thanks, this bug is already fixed in current state, just still no new build here.

3) "Green" Start button still does now work, similar to using F5 in Scite to run your compiled code

This is also already done. Stay tuned ;)

Thanks, this bug is already fixed in current state, just still no new build here.

This is also already done. Stay tuned ;)

This is a different Form Design issue. I've just been advised by gafrost, that for Win2K I have to make ComboBoxes 100 or more in height. Sure enough, I made the height of the 2 I was having trouble with 101 in height and immediately they started working. My experience (short) in FormDesign is that height adjustment of ComboBoxes is not allowed, you can drag the bottom of the box down to any height, but as soon as the mouse button is released it snaps back up to 21. Of course I worked around it, but it would be better it ComboBox height was adjustable, it makes it harder to layout the window.

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

lol sorry if this has been said but :| its like Visual BASIC :| well atleast it closely resembles it

Yeah, that's what I thought too when I saw it. But it works with AI3 and it costs less too. ;)

lol sorry if this has been said but :| its like Visual BASIC :| well atleast it closely resembles it

What more can you ask for! B)

A programming language which runs directly on Win32 API, very fast (without any annoying DLL problems)

WITH

A Visual Basic like GUI Designer (Coming up really well)

I would say a win-win combination.

Keep up the good work - lookfar and lazycat.

Both projects look really really good. :o

Some suggestions for AutoEd before I fall asleep:

- I'd really like to drag a file from my desktop into the AutoEd window and have the file open....

- I'd really love the "Search text" dialog to be dockable! Not even SciTE or TextPad have that feature....

Keep up the great work!

Haven't done much of anything on AutoEd for quite a while but I dusted it off just for you :graduated: and added drag & drop support.

If you want to keep your settings (colors et al) just replace the AutoEd.exe with the new one then goto :

"Tools->Editor Options ->Options - Drag and Drop Editing (check), Drag and Drop Files (check) "

You can drag and drop multiple files but I wouldn't try more than 255 files at one time B)

sorry but will have to wait for the dockable search dialog...

I feel that I am going to get blasted for this but here goes

Is there any chance of a big dummies guide to useing this or a few examples ranging from easy upto a bit more complicated. I saw a GUI produced in formdesigner the other day and try though I may I can't reproduce it. My problem is probably that I do not understand GUI's and programming as you guys do.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

I feel that I am going to get blasted for this but here goes

Is there any chance of a big dummies guide to useing this or a few examples ranging from easy upto a bit more complicated. I saw a GUI produced in formdesigner the other day and try though I may I can't reproduce it. My problem is probably that I do not understand GUI's and programming as you guys do.

I was using a newer version, that is why you couldn't find those options, please see the KODA thread for the just released version.