Quick Question

You know that nasty sticky keys window that pops up whenever you press shift, alt or ctrl more than 5 times consecutively?Yea..well..I'm trying to play Alladin and shift=jump..now that game is ALL about jumping around :)..And I keep getting switched off the game and into the damn window..I've tried disabling it through windows..I'm kind of looking for a temp. solution till I email Microsloth and tell them what a shitty feature they have..Thing is I've made a lil proggie to kill it and return me tot the game..(the process is classname=#32770 which is the same with taskmanager..I dunno why..maybe some strange coincidence..it also seems that it breaks any other program..just like a ctrl+alt+del..)

Infinite loop
If <annoying_window> exists then
Kill it()
Return me to the game();That's an Send("{ALT}{TAB}");
end if
End infinite loop

Right..so what's the problem?It keeps finding the annoying window ALL THE TIME..:evil:..Should I do a title search?I *think* classname=#32770 gives hundreds of matches..:D..and that could be why it doesn't correctly identify it..And the thing is, the proggie can't kill it..because it keeps detecting it, "killing it", then alt+tab..etc..what could be wrong?Can anyone come up with a WORKING script or a permanent solution?

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

Can anyone come up with a WORKING script or a permanent solution?

Most windows have a class name of #32770 so you would want to match by class and another criterion. But really, there's no need to script a solution -- once they're disabled (or just their activation shortcuts) you won't have a problem. Edited by LxP

Well how do I fix the problem?:)..5 consecutive shifts bring up the window REGARDLESS if I disable Sticky Keys or not..it's kind of like asking you if you've changed your mind..it's "kind of" driving me insane X-(

• Moderators

Does your "annoying_window" have a specific title? Could use the If WinExist() if so I would think.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well how do I fix the problem?:)..5 consecutive shifts bring up the window REGARDLESS if I disable Sticky Keys or not..it's kind of like asking you if you've changed your mind..it's "kind of" driving me insane X-(

How are you disabling it? This is how I've done it and I haven't had problems with it still popping up:

Control Panel > Accessibility; untick all 'Use xxxKeys' boxes. Alternatively if you wish to use them without the activation shortcut then click each Settings button and deselect the 'Use shortcut' options.

Edited by LxP

Lols..never thought it would be THIS easy to disable it(the "use shortcut" option)..lol..thanx alot..that saved me the effort of actually building a script..:)..Cheers