[Closed] Live 2010 - Width Restriction

Now i have a feeling this is a long shot, but if it was possible i would be insanely greatful.

I downloaded Live 2010, and hated it because even in compact mode its huge taking up a 1/5 of my screen. Is there any way Autoit would be able to remove the width restrictions on this software allowing me to make it smaller ?

Edited by IanN1990

Copyed from the help file, here is an example of winmove() which may cause your desired results.

WinMove

Moves and/or resizes a window.

WinMove ( "title", "text", x, y [, width [, height[, speed]]] )

Parameters title The title of the window to move/resize. See Title special definition. text The text of the window to move/resize. x X coordinate to move to. y Y coordinate to move to. width [optional] New width of the window. height [optional] New height of the window. speed [optional] the speed to move the windows in the range 1 (fastest) to 100 (slowest). If not defined the move is instantaneous.

Return Value Success: Returns handle to the window. Failure: Returns 0 if window is not found.

Remarks

WinMove has no effect on minimized windows, but WinMove works on hidden windows.

If the width and height are small (or negative), the window will go no smaller than 112 x 27 pixels. If width and height are large, the window will go no larger than approximately [12+@DesktopWidth] x [12+@DesktopHeight] pixels.

Negative values are allowed for the x and y coordinates. In fact, you can move a window off screen; and if the window's program is one that remembers its last window position, the window will appear in the corner (but fully on-screen) the next time you launch the program.

If multiple windows match the criteria, the most recently active window is used.

If x and y equal to the Default keyword no move occurs, just resizing.

When speed is used the move is done with the new size.

open notepad then run this code:

WinMove("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 0, 0, 200, 200)

I was surpised at the very fast reply, extremely well written and proffesional post. Though for most things i could see this working i dont think it would work in my case.

For example, i could make Notepad tidy but if i used ur script at WinMove("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 0, 0, 25, 25) then it doesn't make the pad any smaller cuz theres a core restriction in place. I fear this would be the same in Live 2010