Citrix Login Automation

Metaspace

Hello everyone!

I desperately need to automate a web-based Citrix logon.

I checked the IE functions and form handling. Ultimately I succeeded in opening an IE window containing the logon form, sending the correct entries into the name and password and, finally, posting the form.

Problem:

Invariably, every time after a successful authentication the page requiring download and installation of the Citrix ActiveX controls and plugins appears.

If I start IE manually (click on icon) and then go to the Citrix logon page, after successful authentication the system recognizes that I already have the plugins and ActiveX controls and goes straight on to the available applications for the user in question.

After numerous tests (IE8 and IE9) it appears that when IE is started from within the _IECreate function something is missing or not set properly and even though the authentication is successful further automation is broken by the invalid request to install already existing plugins...

Any help or pointers would be most appreciated!

Thank you.

Edited by Metaspace

My guess is that you are experiencing a security zone mismatch, perhaps related to group policy. I don't know enough about this to tell you what to do, but Google will give you a starting point with a search like: "createobject internetexplorer security zone".

Dale

p.s. A question lik yours belongs in the General Help and Support forum... in addition to being inappropriate for your question, this forum get a lot less eyes

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you Dale.

I did post this on the other forum too ( )

Still, I thought that these problems were best addressed under the GUI forum:

• How to get a list of currently open windows
  • How to ensure a chosen one has the focus
  • How to simulate a mouse movement or some random keystroke (like TAB) within the open session toensure it does not time out.
Thank you.