Floating point support not loaded

Hello!

I have this script:

dim $a = 2/3
msgbox (0, 'Current value',$a)

When i'm trying to run it as script (through autoit3.exe), im getting MS VC++ error 6002:

Floating point error not loaded.

But if i will compile it with auto2exe.exe into value.exe, it gives me right message box (with value 0.66666667)

Also, i'm having trouble with next part of the script:

$t=ControlGetText("Active","","[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:4]")
if $t="" Then
Exit
EndIf
$p=StringSplit($t,"/")
$p[1] +=1
if $p[1]=13 Then
$p[1]=1
$p[2]+=1
EndIf
$t=$p[1]&"/"&$p[2]

First 5 lines works perfectly ($t always gets right text from form, and its format: mm/yyyy);

With some msgbox's help i found that this error (Floating point support) pop-ups on the next line:

$p[1] +=1

And again, if i'll compile this file with auto2exe.exe (into shiftperiod.exe) it'll work fine without any errors.

my questions are:

1) how to make both this scripts work as.. well, scripts (with loading from cli of autoit3.exe).

2) I have to work with some dynamically generated scripts, so right now to work it out i have to generate scripts, compile them with auto2exe.exe /in <> /out <>, and run this compiled files.

It's like building airport in the place of telephone booth..

What version of AutoIt do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Tried all of them, same result.

OS: windows server standard 2003 x86, with terminal services.

UPD: also reinstalled MS VC++ 2005, 2005SP1, 2008, 2008SP1, 2010 redistributes.

Edited by FenrIX

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. If I run your script from SciTe by pressing F5 I get a correct result.

If I run it from the commandline as "autoit3.exe c:\temp\test.au3" it works well too.

How do you run the script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

cmd -> cd <dir with autoit3.exe and scripts> -> autoit3.exe <scriptname>

also: autoit3.exe and choosing script name in open dialog.

also: SciTe (1.77 from 24 dec 2008) -> open -> F5.

always same result.

DEP in windows server turned off.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Google tells me this might be a problem with your registry:

http://mattterkovsky.articlesbase.com/da...t-not-loaded-quick-solution--9

This has nothing to do with registry, get serious.

@FenrIX, make (double) sure you run correct version of AutoIt.

#include <debug.au3>

Global $a = 2 / 3

MsgBox(0, 'Current value', $a & @CRLF & @CRLF & _DebugBugReportEnv() & @CRLF & @ScriptFullPath & @CRLF & FileGetAttrib(@AutoItExe))

...What you get when you run that? Post what's displayed.

And if it errors out again the way you are describing, then run this:

#include <debug.au3>
Global $a ;= 2 / 3
MsgBox(0, 'Current value', $a & @CRLF & @CRLF & _DebugBugReportEnv() & @CRLF & @ScriptFullPath & @CRLF & FileGetAttrib(@AutoItExe))

...and post the result.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

This has nothing to do with registry, get serious

I'm as serious as I can be :graduated:

That's the only information I could find on a first try.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Cool! you are suggesting me to follow "who_knows_who_made_this_site"'s solution?

Site with strange template-like content with some variable changed for "a runtime error r6002 floating point support not loaded"?

And suggesting to download, run and "fix my registry" with "who_knows_what_is_this_program" on working terminal server in enterprise?

Well, great, i will follow it!

also, here is great solution (from the same suggested site):

http://yang.articlesbase.com/software-articles/runtime-error-r6002-why-it-occurs-and-how-to-fix-2506184.html

</sarcasm>

Sorry, got carried away.

If seriously, here, on this forum there was thread with some reference to utility to fix VC2005:

Step 1:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/step1r.jpg

Step 2:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/step2y.jpg

Step 3:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/step3k.jpg

Last step (with error) popups twice, after that SciTe closes without any error.

What am i doing wrong?

Step 1:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/step1r.jpg

Step 2:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/step2y.jpg

Step 3:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/step3k.jpg

Last step (with error) popups twice, after that SciTe closes without any error.

What am i doing wrong?

I said if that errors out, to run another script.

Run another script.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Oooo-k.

This is just plain weird. 2 hours ago i tried with 3.3.6.1, as described below, in this post:

Now i redownloaded 3.3.6.1, and... it's miracle!

And also i redownloaded 3.3.0.0... its either miracle, or some kind of the conspiracy theory!

Thank you! now i'm feeling like a clown.

Edited by FenrIX

Cool! you are suggesting me to follow "who_knows_who_made_this_site"'s solution? ...

Do you have a problem? Yes!

Do you ask for help? Yes!

Did I try to help? Yes!

Did I suggest to install or run software? No!

So what's your problem? Take it or leave it.

As a newbie on this forum you are rather arrogant. My opinion.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

its either miracle, or some kind of the conspiracy theory!

It'a a conspiracy, of course.

We have this secret plan to rule the world by making users think they need additional runtime. I don't want to go into details because ...well you know. Let's just say it's something that floats.

You do understand that you will be eliminated if caught telling this to anyone? Good.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Ticket #870

This is not a bug in AutoIt. This is either something broken on your machine or an external program breaking the AutoIt binary.

Search next time you get a problem?

Ticket #870

Search next time you get a problem?

Well, sorry that google didn't show me this ticket, and also forum search, lazy like old dog, gave me just 4 result for "floating point support not loaded".

And even Wiki on this site gave me this result:

http://www.autoitscript.com/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=floating+point+support&go=Go

Sorry that i'm so stupid to search anywhere (really anywhere, before even thinking about registering and asking this question), except bugtracker!

As a newbie on this forum you are rather arrogant. My opinion.

In my opinion you don't bother to think twice about my problem, or even look into it a bit deeper than asking google and giving first random link.

Sorry, it's just my not-so-humble, arrogant's newbie opinion.

Many thanks goes to trancexx, AdmiralAlkex and water for trying to help me and pointing to my mistakes.

//btw: sorry for my bad English.

• 1 month later...