GUI idea that requires assist

insomnai

Hi, just needing a little help with this Gui. I have a series of checkboxes that correspond to software installers and a 'GO' button that when clicked, installs all the software where the checkbox is ticked.

There's some other functions that I want to include but this is more important.

Any hekp would be greatfully received.

Insomnai

Can you post the code you currently have an explain your problem more. Thanks.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Can you post the code you currently have an explain your problem more. Thanks.

well, it's not actually code as yet, because it's only a visual representation on paper but the idea is...

[ ] software title 1 ;checkboxes

[ ] software title 2

[ ] software title 3

[ ] software title 4

[ ] software title 5

[GO] ;<--- button

i'm wanting the checkbox to link to an instruction to install a specific program, however, I want the instructions to stack, so that if the user selects 'software title 1, 3 and 5' then when the 'GO' button is pressed, the action checks for ticked checkboxes and runs the appropriate title in order.

I hope that makes a little more sense...

thank you

This sounds like you're looking for: WIHU. Run it with the following switches: /SkipSettings /SkipRestart /UseCurrent

Thank you for pointing me towards this tool. However, i'm afraid I can't see how it resembles what i'm after... perhaps you could explain? many thanks...

insomnai

I just created a GUI similar to this but dealing with one application.

If $checkPrinterState="1" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",1302,"Check","")
If $checkPrinterState="4" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",1302,"UnCheck","")
If $checkWebcamState="1" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",1303,"Check","")
If $checkWebcamState="4" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",1303,"UnCheck","")
If $checkScanTypeState="Choose Scanner Type" Then MsgBox(16,"Error","Please choose scanner type")
If $checkScanTypeState="None" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",502,"SelectString",'None')
If $checkScanTypeState="Scanshell 800/R" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",502,"SelectString",'ScanShell 800/R')
If $checkScanTypeState="Scanshell DX" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",502,"SelectString",'ScanShell 800DX')
If $checkScanTypeState="CamScan" Then ControlCommand("Test Setup","",502,"SelectString",'CamScan (SnapShell IDR)')

When i click my "Install" button it points to a function that checks the above code and then sets those check boxes according to my predetermined selections. Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...